what's this on my firegobby?

i love fish

I got a pair of firegobbies about 10 days ago. they r both in a 5gal QT SG 1.025, Trites and Trates 0 , Ph 8.2 Ammonia 0.
They r both active, healthy and eating well.
1 of them has a ripped up tail since i bought it but they r healing up very quickly, but the other one is just starting to get afew small tears on its tail and it now appears to have 1 small dot ontop of its left pectoral fin near it's gill.
this dot may have been there from b4 it's just very hard 2 c so mayb i didn't notice it until just yesterday.
all else is fine, is there any need 2 worry? It's just the 1 dot mayb its a lymphocyst, not sure but if all else is ok do u think I should start copper or hypo?

sepulatian

Take a close look at the spot with a magnifying glass. If it is clumpy looking then it is Lymphocystis. Do you have spaces for them to hide in the QT? How are they eating?

i love fish

they have a small FW decoration with holes in it to sleep in and i put afew pieces of PVC piping in there 2.
They r eating all kinds of flake food, spirinula algae, iodine enriched pellet food.
The spot is very difficult to c coz it blends in with the colour of the skin, but I'll try n take a closer look with a magnifying glass like u said.
If it doesn't get any better or any worse, or doesn't spread elsewhere and the 8 wks quarrantine time is up, should I consider it safe and put it in the DT?
1 more thing, are firegobbies sensitive 2 copper incase I need 2 treat it at a later stage?

sepulatian

If it is ich then you will know in roughly a week or so. Gobies can be treated with copper. Hypo is safer though. Be sure that you have a copper test kit made by the same company as your copper.

i love fish

Originally Posted by sepulatian
http:///forum/post/2640827
If it is ich then you will know in roughly a week or so. Gobies can be treated with copper. Hypo is safer though. Be sure that you have a copper test kit made by the same company as your copper.
I found out what the spot was, it's actually bubbles inside its gill when it eats food from the surface, they come and go after feeding.
is this something 2 worry about?