What's up with my cleaner shrimp?

stryder

Hey all,
I have had a cleaner shrimp for about a month now and he was doing really good, very active and loved feeding off my hand. But as of late he won't feed off my hand and hides alot. He is starting to come out a bit more but is still not feeding from my hand anymore. He's just not himself. He did molt last Thursday, if that means anything. So I was wondering if maybe he is loney, because in the ocean they live in groups. What you you all think, should I get him a buddy? He is a skunk cleaner. Thanks!!
Stryder:joy:

brownleaf

May be he's trying to recover from molt. I think he will be fine.
My did the same thing.
ps: ******** design is fun:joy:, I was graduated in that major!

elpezgrande

I suppose different shrimp react differently to a molt, but my shrimp (skunk cleaner and fire shrimp) are back to normal a day or two after molting. If your's molted last week, they should have recovered by now. Perhaps your hands are too clean. My shrimp usually back away from my hand if I have washed them recently, whereas if it has been an hour or so since I last washed them, they accept my hand pretty easily. Also, what are you trying to feed it? The first few times I soaked some meaty food in garlic my skunk cleaner ran away, although he seems ok with it now.