what's up with my power head?

my power head is putting out FINE bubbles and it's submerged all the way in the water and it's an ART FULL power head (i've never heard of this brand) SO WHAT DO I DO!!!!!!!!!!?????????
HELP!

C'mon guys help me out.......does it need a break in or somethin? and it isn't a constant fine bubbles it's on and off like poofs of em every 3-5 mins

Some power-heads have an air-inlet tube to allow/adjust air flow into the water stream. If yours does, try turning it down or removing it and capping the inlet....Penguin PH's have the exact same thing and I removed the tube and covered it with the included cap...no air at all.

wrassecal

Are you sure it's the powerheads? I thought my microbubbles were coming out of powerheads but it was the protein skimmer and the bubbles would sometimes suck back thru the powerhead and spurt back out.

frogger

take it apart underwater to see if there is somekind of air bubble trapped in the impeller assembly area. is it attached to a UGF? if so, possible air pockets underneath UGF.

I don't a UFG so nope it's not that and i guess i'll take it apart under water to see but my like DAB siad that her skimmer was causing it and mine is putting out the fine bubbels too so........

jagnmeg99

Corvette,
I had the problem with my skimmer too, so try to turn down the skimmer and see if that solves the problem. Then you'll know which one may be causing the problem. :)

wrassecal

tighten the black thing on the end of the air tube but you have to be sure you keep your venturi going or it won't skim. Did I read earlier that you bought it from Crystal Clear?

wrassecal

OK we have the same skimmer. When you get back from Colorado take a clean piece of panty hose (black colored best does't show up in tank much)the toe area about 3 inches back of the foot area and fill it with a sponge, then put it on the area where the water flows back into your tank, that's where your micro bubbles are coming from. Hold it on with a rubber band so it makes a bag hanging into the water. The water will pass thru the sponge and hose and you will get rid of the microbubbles. We had to mess around with ours a little add more sponge, but now no bubbles. We take it off and clean the sponge stuff about every couple of months.BTW we bought a sixline wrasse there on Thurs. It is awesome! :D

wrassecal

I didn't have any sponge handy so I cut some off one of the extra filter pads I had, so yeah but not the carbon. Also, stuff a pretty tight ball of it in there.