What's wrong with my tank?

miss_rosie

Do a major water, take about 75% out. Its only been about 3 months so it's not that big of a deal.
Whatever the problem is, it's probably rid of after the change.

srothenberg

It's a 75 gallon tank and I can only mix 19 gallons at a time (my biggest bin) so I can't do that big of a change. I can attempt to do all 19, but man thats a lot of water to change.

srothenberg

I haven't changed any water yet (going to mix today, been VERY busy) but I did look at the tank closely today. The debris is not nearly as bad on the top of the water now. It's less then half of what it was a couple days ago and the algae is subsiding some. Its not gone by any means, but it hasn't gotten any worst. All I've done is cut my feeding down.

jerth6932

A good practice is what ever your tank doesn't eat food wise after 5-10 min scoop out excess debris! Stay strong, this hobby is a lot of trial and error..... and most importantly LEARNING!

valeram

Originally Posted by srothenberg
http:///forum/post/2811006
It's a 75, but all of the fish are very small. Not one is bigger then 2". I have the standard Remora, it said it was good up to 75 gallons.
I also have a 75g but using the Aqua-C Pro. I was about to buy the same size of skimmer on what you have but the store manager advices me to get the next one higher in capacity. I heeded his advice and you cannot make a mistake in getting a bigger skimmer. I also upgraded the skimmer pump to Mag3.