Whats wrong with the Flower Pot??

deucey

Hey I don't know if I need to post this here or in the reef forum but anyway here it goes. I have a flower pot coral in my 36g bow it is not opening very much at all....I have heard many diff things about the lighting requirements of this coral and to tell you the truth I don't know who to believe! I have a 10000K 175w MH, and two NO flor, one actinic and one 50/50 both 20w. That is my lighting right now...everything else in the tank is doing well except this coral...I just don't get it...I use seabalace and Kalkwasser for calcium and I also use reef crystals salt. I think I have enough elements in the water but I just don't under stand this coral...any input would be great!!
thanks in advance

dshurett

Where do you have this coral placed in relation to your MH lights and what water flow do you have it in?

deucey

well I have the coral placed in a shaded area of my tank its not getting full light...and I have tried it in the full light for a day or two but it didn't help! :( The coral is in a 36g bow front tank its 21" deep and the coral sits on the bottom. Sometimes during the day it will open to like maybe 2" but it is nothing like it used to be I mean it used to open up to like 4"-5"!! I don't understand what happened to it...I do notice however that my peperment shimp stay on it alot!! makes me mad!!! :mad: Is there anything I can do for it before it dies?
Thanks in advance

kris walker

Are your chemical levels (pH, ammon/trite/trate, alk, cal, and phosphate) ideal? Have you done a water change recently?
sam

beth

Administrator
Staff member
yes, I think this will be better off in the Reef Forum, as Disease is for Fish diseases.
Will move. :D