Whats wrong?

t_larz

I have a manderin Goby that has been in my tank for about three months or so and he has been doing fine. I noticed today that his caudal fins are not fanned out very much and the ends are all jagged like he has been picked on. I have a Dusty Dwarf Angel, a falco hawkfish, a royal gramma, little hermits, a cleaner wrasse, and one small three striped damsel. I also have to camel shrimp and a blue star. Water salinity is 1.023, temp about 79, and pH is at 8.2-8.3 all other levels have been fine. Any suggestions as to why this is happening? should I do anything drastic soon or let him see how it goes for a few days?
Thanks!
Lars

rickt4du

How big is your tank? mandarins need a LOT of live rock in the tank to support enough copepods for their food. It could be a vitamin deficiency due to malnutrition.
...rick

t_larz

I have a 90 gallon tank w/ about 90 lbs of live rock. The enviroment is fine relly. What are copepods and how do I know if I have them and if not, where do I get them?
Thanks for all the help guys!
Lars

jimi

The are any number of bug/shrimplike things that crawl around your tanks subsrate, rock, and prefilters.