What's your cozy comfy temp?? (ambient)

ice4ice

My thermostat is turned off cuz I don't need the heat in my house. It has been in the 80's all week the last couple weeks. PFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTT 78 degrees and YOU'RE FREEZING !?!?!? HA !! Typical southerners ...

cowfishrule

Originally Posted by Ice4Ice
78 degrees and YOU'RE FREEZING !?!?!? HA !! Typical southerners ...

quite uncalled for....

windmill

Some people are crazy. They either care about little other than their personal comfort, or just dont care how much their electric/gas bill is.
My thermostat never leaves the range of 78 to 82. 78 when i'm there, and 82 when I'm not. I live in the south (but I'm no southerner) and don't like excessive heat, but absolutely hate the freakin cold. Works out alright though, my room hovers right around 82 but that's because it's carpeted and I have too many high heat electronics in there.
I used to wonder if there was a direct correlation between someone's average house temperature and their weight. As a kid I'd notice that in hot environments (90+) if a house was kept at less than 74 the inhabitants were above average weight. If the house was above 74, more often than not the inhabitants were average if not under weight. Makes sense if you think about it though, heavier people can't keep themselves as cool as an average person.

dragonzim

In the winter I try to keep it around 65 since heating oil is so freakin expensive. I am on a monthly budget plan with my electricity so I like to keep it fairly cool in the summer. Usually around 70 or so.

reefreak29

Originally Posted by windmill
Some people are crazy. They either care about little other than their personal comfort, or just dont care how much their electric/gas bill is.
My thermostat never leaves the range of 78 to 82. 78 when i'm there, and 82 when I'm not. I live in the south (but I'm no southerner) and don't like excessive heat, but absolutely hate the freakin cold. Works out alright though, my room hovers right around 82 but that's because it's carpeted and I have too many high heat electronics in there.
I used to wonder if there was a direct correlation between someone's average house temperature and their weight. As a kid I'd notice that in hot environments (90+) if a house was kept at less than 74 the inhabitants were above average weight. If the house was above 74, more often than not the inhabitants were average if not under weight. Makes sense if you think about it though, heavier people can't keep themselves as cool as an average person.
i thuoght it had to do with age too , my inlaws never turn the air on even if its 90 plus , i hate going there in the summer, they also turn my air off whenthey come over

ice4ice

Originally Posted by COWFISHRULE
quite uncalled for....
uncalled for !?! HA ! Far from it !!! I break my sister's chops about that and she lives down in Southern Maryland ...

A

anmldr

What is wrong with southerners?? Just because we choose to live where the people are friendlier and we don't have to start our cars 30 min before we have to leave for work just to get the ice of the windshield :) What is up with the bashing?? It is great down here :) Besides that what is definition of a southerner??
I keep my house around 69-70 in the summer and 65-68 in the winter. I turn up the air when I leave to 77 during the day. Don't have to worry about the tank getting too hot during the day and it only drops a degree at night.

ice4ice

Originally Posted by anmldr
What is wrong with southerners?? Just because we choose to live where the people are friendlier and we don't have to start our cars 30 min before we have to leave for work just to get the ice of the windshield :) What is up with the bashing?? It is great down here :) Besides that what is definition of a southerner??
I keep my house around 69-70 in the summer and 65-68 in the winter. I turn up the air when I leave to 77 during the day. Don't have to worry about the tank getting too hot during the day and it only drops a degree at night.
Nothing is wrong with southerners at all. It's just they look at things differently than us Yankee in the North. No - we don't warm the car for 30 minutes before we leave for work in winter because of ice and snow (mostly snow anyways). We just drive fast, live and die hard ... ya know - live dangerously. LOL !!!

jennythebugg

Originally Posted by seasalt101
77 in the summer 85 in the winter (i hate the cold, i lived in n. michigan for 2 years never again)
heh yeah this is where we differ i have lived most of my life out here in the desert i am terribly hot natured and would like it 76 year round- we have window units so acheiving a constant temp is impossible

A

anmldr

Originally Posted by Ice4Ice
Nothing is wrong with southerners at all. It's just they look at things differently than us Yankee in the North. No - we don't warm the car for 30 minutes before we leave for work in winter because of ice and snow (mostly snow anyways). We just drive fast, live and die hard ... ya know - live dangerously. LOL !!!
I would rather stop every once in awhile to smell the roses :) We drive fast around here but the speed of everyday life is a whole lot slower...