What's your favorite saltwater fish?

mystic7

Originally Posted by jr2857

everything is so healthy and once a moorish idol is feeding it is very hardy. the feeding is the hard part. and it is sensitive to water differences
Yes, exactly! When I had my legendary 140 I kept a Moorish Idol with no problem. As I've said before I never did water changes, etc... What killed it was when I changed out my old ChemiPure with new ones. That difference in the water quality knocked it off, even though the water quality improved.

sfe

are moorish idols that hard to take care of? I mean I know they are extremely sensative to water parameters and changes but having it die because you changed the chemical filtration media is rediculous.

morales67

Originally Posted by johnsus
Love seeing those great pics, everyone!

Here are a few of my favorite fishes. I think the Moorish Idol is my most favorite, but will probably never be able to raise one successfully.
that sucks!
the nice fish have to be the most difficult!!!

morales67

Originally Posted by SFE
are moorish idols that hard to take care of? I mean I know they are extremely sensative to water parameters and changes but having it die because you changed the chemical filtration media is rediculous.
most never live for over a year (from what ive heard)

tim_12

My favorite that I own would be my Yellow Belly Damsel. I love its vibrant yellow and especially the blue.

stanlalee

usually the ones I dont or cant have. But for the most part Clown triggers, Naso, blue and powder tangs are my favorite.

mystic7

Originally Posted by SFE
Ridiculous but true.

sfe

Originally Posted by Tim_12
My favorite that I own would be my Yellow Belly Damsel. I love its vibrant yellow and especially the blue.
Is he aggressive?

dottiekh

I have several great fish right now; however, two stand out. My absolute favorite is my df puffer. He is an absolute sweetheart! He is not the prettiest or the most colorful, but he has a great personality
In this pic, he just finished eating. He likes to "lounge around" and let his food settle. I also really like my bird greet wrasse. He is such an active fish! I can literally stand in front of my tank for hours, just watching them. They make me happy...
I am going to try to put in the pics, but I've never actually done this before. If it works, yea....if it doesn't, I'll try again...

sleasia

my favorite fish is the Hawaiian spotted boxfish. I had one once and it wiped out my entire tank. I had to start completely over. Its still my favorite fish, but
I will never have one again....

flamehawk

Re scribble angel above...I still have him and he's doing great. The fish that had for over 4 and did not survive the ich was the powder blue. The scribble I have is a male and looks like the bottom fish of the 2 posted above. Really nice!

rara12

I like the Juv Cortez angel. I dont own one yet but when my 90 is ready. :jumping: :jumping: :jumping: :jumping: