Whats Your Guess???

rainfishy

I have been monitoring my rusty angel for the past six days as he may have ich or brookenella or something. As of yet I have been unable to identify what it is. I took over 70 pics last night and not one showed these white particles/ fuzziness/ slime??? Not really sure how to explain it. It doesn't look like the pictures I've seen of ich and it doesn't really look like the pictures I've seen of brookanella.
Last night my CBA seemed to be cleaning the angel. Not sure if they do this, but that is what it looked like, making me think my fish probably has parasites.
The only thing I have been doing different is raising my alk. Raised it from 7.4 to 9 in the past three days. other water
Amm 0
trites 0
trates 10
ph 8.2
temp 78
salinity 1.025
55 gal, set up for three months, 45lbs live rock, 60 lbs live sand, Fowlr, other residents include pink spotted goby (showing no signs of disease), urchin, and CBS
Hope some one has some insight into what might be going on.

misfit

Hi rainfishy,
i have been following your threads, I see you decided to try and raise you ALk in hopes to level off your high cal. I too have the same issue no matter what we do . We have tried different salt brands as you have and to no avail. We have decided to leave well enogh alone. better a stable environment and everything is thriving, all our corals are huge, I have 2 brains than I dont even know how much longer we can keep them , they are soo big and all fish are happy and healthy. I see you have a slight problem with your fish. IMO I think it may be a reaction to your alk. I have a fish that if the temp goes up 2 degrees, he starts to show signs of stress like you described. I would cotinue and just feed with garlic and watch him. I would be interested to know about your Cal level and how it turns out>

rainfishy

Thanks for the response misfit,
I have two tanks, a reef and a fowlr. On the reef I raised the alk to, today, 10, calc is 520 and ph is 8.0 and the fish seems fine. On the Fowlr I only raised the alk to 9 and honestly dont even check calc cause its a fowlr, but the ph is 8.2 and this is the tank with the rusty that looks stressed.
I'm really afriad that it is ich, but doesn't ich show up, grow faster. Like wouldn't he be covered in six days, from date of first apperance?? :notsure:

misfit

I dont know, that he may be fighting it and its not coming on full blown. have you added to this tank recentlyor have you had ich in this tank before? If he is eating I would give lots of garlic. Do you have a QT? maybe put him in there?

rainfishy

I don't know where he would have gotten ich, but I do have a QT. However, if it is ich I want to know before I move him to QT so that I can move the goby at the same time.
And I figure moving them both will be a job (catching them)
Right now he looks a lot better, but like i said this has been going on for 6 days, so I'm just not sure.

misfit

I would just leave him there and watch him. It might be worse to stress him right now if he is fighting something , if it has been going on for 6 days then it couldnt hurt to wait some more ,keep us posted