What's your most horrific seagoing experience been so far ?

rich1515

Maybe it was one of those new Colossus Squids that they found last week!
All kidding aside, I would have had more than urine in my shorts if that would have happened to me...

eden

We were on a 40' sailboat diving the Sea of Cortez for a month. It was fabulous. No life on land and an enchanted fairyland as soon as you go below the water. Anyway one night we caught the tail end of a hurricane (so I was told). I had no idea water could form waves many stories high. It was unbelievable! I was so sick I could not stay inside, so I got to enjoy the full experience hanging off the side of the ---- pit. As every wave towered I was positive it would come down right on top of us and that would be it. It was a LONG night!

T

tygerfifteen

well this one is not ocean related, cause we live in land.
anyway goes like this, three of us were fishing in a private lake, bout 20 foot deep.we were in a 18 foot canoe, sippin on some buds, when all of a sudden one of the buds slipped!...fell into the water, frantically we scrambled to get the oars,but the winds were mighty strong that day.With aching muscles from the voracious pounding of drinking the night before and the sluggish hangover's from the early morning are combined efforts amounted to nothing and the budweiser floated into the sunrise.
Maybe.... just maybe, one day we will return to that same lake,and if we're lucky, lodged in the sand and glistening in the sunlight will be that can of budweiser..........
jj we found it the next morning on the shore.
actually we play this game where we sit in the canoe and throw cans of beer as far as we can ,say a 24 and then paddle towards them and drink them,(water keeps them cold), but lifejackets at all time and we don't litter, would like to keep our forests/lakes clean so maybe if my kids grow up can show them the drunken forest ways

fishkiller

Uh yeah, needless to say, I think i may have s%#t myself.. j/k
You wanna talk about adrinaline. Man, that made me wantto keep closer to land after that, but the big fish always call me out to the shipping lanes. Besides we have a much larger more sea-worthy boat now. Bought it soon after this crap went down. Talk about some motivated buyers. - But man, it makes a great story to tell while sitting around comparing ocean experiences. I look back at it now, and it's like damn. That WAS pretty scary. The water was also pretty cold. Oh well, it was an exerience I'll never forget.:rolleyes: