What's your personal favorite type of fish species and why ?

kl70

What is your favorite type of fish and why do you most admire it, compared to all the numerous other fish species.
Or alternatively, cite the most eloquent, articulate, wittiest or even poetic comment/s made on your favorite fish that you have collected, or have on file, that answers the question for you.

logan15

my favorite is my recently added regal/hippo/blue tang.They are my favorite because they are the bluest thing on earth and they way they swim is so cool.I love my new tang and here's a pic he's about 1 1/4" He'll be in my soon to be 75 gallon or 90 gallon.
Logan

nerdy

I am going to have to go along with the rest af the group that says tangs, especially the blue tang. What a magnificent colour.

i say puffers because of their personality and their manueverability. they have great colorations and eating habits are tremendously fun to watch. They are always looking for something new and the owner can actually have a bond with them. well that can happen with any fish.

krishj39

Hmm, several top canidates. For me, personality is more important than looks. I'm gonna have to go with lawnmower blenny as my favorite (you reading this rye?), but close second would be humu trigger (never kept as they aren't reef compat), and third would be perc clowns (they are like puppies, curious, clumsy and always getting into trouble).

polarpooch

It's a toss up between stingrays and morays.
I love how elegant and graceful and gentle stingrays are. Mine seems even to be affectionate.
Morays are just so stange and fascinating that I can't stop watching them. They move in ways that are hard to imagine unless you've already seen it. Feeding them is a blast--they are so powerful, it immediately makes you take the hobby seriously!
For fish, generally I love wrasses. I love how sleek they are and how deliberately they move about the tank. I no longer have one in my tank, since I decided "semi-agressive reef" is a contradiction in terms!

acez28

i say puffers. I think they have the best personalities out of the fish i have. My Coral Banded Shrimp will be a close second....i love mine.

buzz

Before I got my lawnmower blenny, I would have said my leopard wrasse, who acts more like a dolphin than a fish. But I am kind of leaning toward my lawnmower blenny now...has a great personality...