When can I add a something new?

finfin2003

Almost a week ago I made my first additions to my ten gal tank. I bought a coral banded shrimp, three blue legs, and a snail. So far they are all doing well. The coral banded likes to hang upside down under the largest rock and comes out when my hand goes in, looking for food. Hes so cute. As far as the others, they all move about... usually find them in diffrent spots everyday. So far does all this sound normal>?
So I am wondering at what point should I add my first fish??? 2 wks??? I know I don't want to rush it because the tank could crash if I do.
Thanks guys for the imput

T

thomas712

All sounds like normal behavior to me.
As long as your fully cycled, water paramiters are 0-0-low for the basic three, then you should be able to add your fish within a week or so. Keep an eye on your current occupents for a week.
What were you thinking of adding?
Thomas

finfin2003

Thomas
I was thinking of adding either a false perc clown first. Then a royal gramma and then the last fish is a toss up. Its between a fire fish or possibly a golby..... no more than three tops! But also all very slowly.
How does that all sound. Oh and Thomas can you tell me how to list detail about my tank at the bottom of all the posts?

oregonbud

I think your stock list sounds good, and your idea about adding them slowly is a very good one. It seems from the stuff I have read that a one or two fish/week until you are stocked is a good idea, that way you get a chance for the bioload to catch up.
On your question about having your sig at the bottom of your posts its actually quite simple to add (although I think sigs are broken right now) Just click on the User Cp button at the top of the page, click on the Edit Profile link, then type the information you want in the Signature box. Click on the submit button to save.
When you make a post if you want your sig to show up click on the Show Signature box so it is checked.

finfin2003

Great to hear, thanks!!!
Are the any one of the fish in my description a better "starter" fish in anyone's opinion???

cboyfan2020

the clown is gonna probably be the hardier of them all. They are big damsels basically so I would go with him first. The firefish can be delicate so I would add him last.

finfin2003

oK so a clown first! Well what about stars. can a star fish go in my ten gal nano???
if so what is the best type for my type of tank?