When fish are mailed, are they shaken around?

C

civileng68

I was just wondering, even though the fish are mailed overnight, are they bumped, and shaken around much during transit?

futurama

When you think about it, all the fish at the lfs are most likely mailed there, right? I've ordered fish online from this site & they are very well packaged. I've actually had more luck with & been happier with fish ordered online than when purchased at a store. I know it's a scary idea but it's really okay.

C

civileng68

Originally Posted by futurama
When you think about it, all the fish at the lfs are most likely mailed there, right? I've ordered fish online from this site & they are very well packaged. I've actually had more luck with & been happier with fish ordered online than when purchased at a store. I know it's a scary idea but it's really okay.

Never really thought of that, but you're right.

squidd

Oh come on now...
As government contractors, you KNOW the US Postal service handels ALL our packages with Kid Gloves and the utmost of care...Gingerly delivering your precious package on a feather pillow and placing it delicately at your doorstep in a timely and professional manner...
And then give it a good Drop Kick and Jump on it
as it sits out in the rain and snow....

squidd

Or maybe they do that when they "load" it ...then bring it to your house, ring the doorbell...and RUN...

S

sinner's girl

anyone remember the commercial where the guy mailed his choc milk?

scubadoo

Yes, they are shaken and tossed about. This is why you should request delicate shippers be placed in oversize bags and pay the extra shipping cost if you purchase on-line.
If your lfs has a delicate shipper place a deposit and let them hold it for a couple weeks or as long as they are willing. Do research and find out which animals are the delicate shippers.
A red coris wrasse is a good example of a delicate shipper and is often injured during shipment. It is recommeded they be placed in large oversize bags.

keonia

Hee heee.. your answers are all hilarious!!!
Well, just the other day... I got a package from Fed Ex -- no, this wasn't a fish but it was from Sony (btw, I Love Sony Products). wELL, the driver happen to be the one who delivered my SWF.com order. I asked the Fed ex driver to knock feriously if they should see another SWF.com order (you have to accept the order on the first delivery attempt to be covered by their guarantee / or pick up at Fed Ex.)
well, he said that he supported his company (Fed Ex) on delicate deliveries in comparison to UPS etc. Oh.. I know.. I was asking him about shipping fish tanks and he told me that I would be better off with Fed Ex.
This probably doesnt help but I asked about shipping ... I bet if you ask the UPS guy, he may tell you something similar with their company.

C

civileng68

What about shipping from this site? Are the fish pretty well secured and how are they shipped?
I know there is a 6 day garuantee but, I dont want to pay to have a fish killed due to UPS, FED EX, or USPS not caring about my item.