when good fraggings go bad.

reefkprz

damn.

first a little back ground. I have a nice looking frogspawn, with many little babies on it as well as several branching heads.
Intent: I was going to shoot a video of fragging a large frogspawn for everyone to enjoy.
Reality: a whole different story
Frag progresses: I take my saw blade to scurf the skelton for an easier cut first pull on the blade the frag breaks free of the rock... no big deal
second pull half the skeleton crumbles, causing my grip to slip smearing 4 out of 6 baby heads on the stalk, dropping on of the main heads to clatter on my cutting surface.
switched to bone cutters to finish snipping away the intended heads, and more of the skeleton crumbles dropping a baby head (one of the two I didnt smear) between the cracks of my surface, finished the cuts
glued every one up, fished the baby out of the crack. glued him up. figured well at least I can show begginners even expirienced fraggers have bad days. and give the other expirienced fraggers out there something to laugh at, a vid of me totally butchering a simple frag job.
thats when I realized the camera wasnt recording, it wasnt set to video it was set to macro so I got one picture of my usual set up before the fragging nightmare began.

I could scream.

well I took some pictures of the results, my poor frogspawn. last time I went to frag it I dropped a rock on it doing the frag the hard way.
the first picture is the world shortest video one frame
the next ones are the results of the mess.

howardj

That sucks!
But I couldn't help but laughing

Atleast you got a frag out of it

Say, what size is the tank in the corner? What lights are you running?

reefkprz

the little tank or the big one? the little tank is a 2.5g i'm running one 18w Pc on it. the big tank is a 75G with 440w vho lighting with an icecap ballast

howardj

talking about the 2.5G.
I have one just sitting around..
what are you using yours for?
What brand is the light? I have never found a decent light for that size of tank.. (for SW)

reefkprz

its an odyssea 18w Pc, right now its a dwarf seahorse tank, once the seahorse moves to wyndravens tank its going to be a pico reef again. 18w should be plenty do do a mini zoa/shroom exile tank.

N

nemo_66

that sucks man. glad that didnt happen to the guy at my lfs who was fragging one head for me.

A

alexmir

it looks PISSED in the picture. sorry to hear that it didnt go smoothly. I feel better hearing that expert fraggers have problems too though. today i glued myself to some zoas.
common mistake, i felt like an idiot.

guzman825

Originally Posted by reefkprZ
http:///forum/post/2644496
the little tank or the big one? the little tank is a 2.5g i'm running one 18w Pc on it. the big tank is a 75G with 440w vho lighting with an icecap ballast
where can i get a little tank like that?? where did u get yours??

reefkprz

some one gave it to me with a tarantula in it. I put the tarantula into a bigger cage, and got a set of lights off a friend. you can buy 2.5's in any pet store though.