When is it time to replace your RO Filters also??

papaeph

I guess this depends on usage; i make 20 gallons of new saltwater every two weeks; plus 10 gallons of top off water weekly...
Is this usually done yearly also??
Micron Microtec Sediment Replacement Filter
Kent Marine Hi-S DI Replacement Cartridge - Color Change
Kent Marine Hi-S TFC Membrane 60 GPD
Micron Carbon Block Replacement Filter for Captive Purity and SpectraPure

scsinet

Okay so you go through a total of 20 gallons per week, or 1040 gallons per year.
Replace your RO membrane every 20 years... (seriously)
Replace your DI cartridge every 4-6 months, or when the media changes to a rust-brown color (if you have color changing media)
Replace your carbon cartridge and sediment filter every time they turn dark brown.

al mc

You could also use a TDS meter. A functioning RODIU should be able to remove 99% of the tds from the water it is filtering. I can usually count on a new sediment/charcoal and DI filter to deliver a TDS of 0-1 (my water starts out at TDS varying from 190-275). As SCSI indicates, if the DI filter is a color changing one I would change when you get the color change in about 3/4 of the media. If my DI cartridge looks good I and my TDS is over 5-7 range I change out my sediment and charcoal prefilters. I have not changed my DI filters in th two years I have been using the RO/DI. I average making about 40 gallons/week for water changes and top off.