When is my Tank Done Cycling???

gmidd

It looks good. I think you might want to get the Ph up closer to 8.0 but I'm not sure about Ph levels and Corals. Plus whats your Temp?

pettyhoe

I just bought a heater today because my temp dropped from 76 to 70 overnight. I set it for 79. It isn't fully submersed, probably about 70% underwater, is that ok?

rainn626

check the instructions or the thermometer there might be a min water level line. If you done that already, then im not sure, but better to play it safe and submerge the coils...imo.

gmidd

huskychasrs said:
Gmidd said:
LR itself won't jump start a cycle
I beg to differ...my tank cycled in 12 days after LR was added. My fish are kicking butt as well!
I beg to differ on your differ... while I can't speak for uncured rock. My Cured LR did nothing to jump start my cycle and this applies for numerous other post I've read. It could be you had various live critters deep in your rock that died off to create a spike in Ammonia.

larryndana

Have you ever had, ammonia or nitrites in your tank?
You may be able to test your tank to see if it has cycled. Put alittle food in there every day, the same amount. Watch as the ammonia spikes a little, then nitrite, then both will go to zero. Then you will know it has cycled.

pettyhoe

I think I'll try that, my LR is half and half of cured and uncured. I thought that the purpose of cycling a tank is to basically cure the rock. I understand the Nitrogen cycle very well now and I'm having my proffessional friend come today to check it out and let me know how i've done so far. I could quite possibly put a clean up crew in today, and will have pictures. Anyone know how to take those wonderful pictures that I keep seeing, mine do not come out as crystal clear.

pettyhoe

I apparently have a cyanobacteria problem that I need to take care of today, so it's another week till I put anything in.