When to buy? What to do with replacement codes?

Does anyone know when the best time to shop here for the best inventory? At my local store, new stock comes in on Friday. Every time I shop here, there is not much in stock when I look at corals & inverts. I want some duster clusters & some zoos and/or polyps but when they have one they don't have the other. Wish I had something to trade!
Also, I am disappointed to learn that my replacement code is only for livestock AND it does not count towards the minimum purchase. The only fish order that I placed was DOA and/or died within 24 hours (inverts did survive) due to getting too cold during shipping(heat pads didn't cut it). The 2 DOA's were reported within 2 hours & I did get a refund. The other 2 were issued replacement codes. I might never use the codes. I only have a 55 gal. & don't want to add so much at once & I am maxed out on fish. Plus, when you add the $20 in charges on livestock to the "free shipping", well, you get the idea.
Anyone else have thoughts?

dreamweaver

Can't offer any suggestions... because I too faced a similar dilemma... Having only a 55 gallon is a hinderance - but the reality for me is that a 55 gallon is all I have room for (and frankly, that's pushing it! House is rather small....)
Spent about $128.00 and only have a $9.99 item left to show for it... Two fish died within the guarantee period - so I too have replacement codes.... just don't see a way that I will ever be able to use them! Frankly, I'd forgotten about bio overload - and with only a 55 gallon - added too much at one time....
I have to admit, that when ordering I didn't read the guarantee details close enough.... Because even if I did forget about bio overload, I would have noticed that in order to have the fish replaced another minimum order of $79.00 would be required in addition to receiving the free replacements.... Being new to saltwater and having the size aquarium that I have I'm quite limited in my choices and quantities.....
I just wish there was another option - lower order minimum requirement - or even charging the shipping fee for any order under $79.00.....
I will be curious as to what other members on the site suggest as I too have interest.....

That is how I feel too. However, the "free shipping" is not exactly truthful with the $9.99 surcharge & then the $9.99 fuel charge. I guess the repeat buyer program is OK if you want what they offer.

lovecraft

Hi I'm lovecraft and I'm a cheapskate....

Truth of the matter is I have looked at as many online fish sites as I can find on google. SWF has the cheapest "rate" and one of the lower "free shipping" levels of the ones I can find. SWF's $20 for "shipping" is the lowest, all others are 30 bucks or higher, again of the ones that I've looked at.
I have 46g Bow.....I've bought my LR from here and intend on getting an invert pack. Possibly a BW perc and regular perc, if the timing is right. Their prices are extremely competitive and sometimes lower than my least expensive LFS. In all I should be able to make 2-3 good purchases from here. I'm hoping my first livestock order gives me cause for future purchases. If not, at least I've learned alot from this forum.
My 2 cents...

becky913

Originally Posted by sambroom
If you guys have redeeming codes that you will never use, my e-mail is brockbroom@hotmail.com... Feel free!

SWF is not using the codes anymore. They have converted them to dollar for dollar credit. I just used mine and was able to replace my fish with differant ones than what died.
I am a bit bummed too. I had one fish and one shrimp die by 5 pm on the day of arrival..............well you have to email SWF within two hours of delivery for a cash refund. So I will know have another credit and will have to wait until I can afford to dump more money into fish. It is feeling like a viscious cycle.

becky913

I was just looking through my email and noticed that both times that I was notified of a fish being in stock was on Fridays. So I am guessing that SWF gets their shipments on Thursdays or Fridays.