where are all my fish going?

thisistodd

ok. today i realized i have not seen 1 more of my fish for quite a while and this is driving me insane. In the last 3 weeks, i have lost, and never found
1. a yellow watchman goby
2. a banded firefish goby
3. a pistol shrimp
4. THREE blue chromis
5. a hawkfish
6. a big orange linkia star
How in the heck could all of this disapear without even a trace of them. My tank is completely covered. The one that bugs me the most is the starfish. that thing was huge. i have a florida condi anenome in my tank, could that be doing anything???

trigger78

Have you checked your water for ammonia? It could be a mantis shrimp. Listen for clicks or pops after the lights are turned off.

thisistodd

i have never heard a click other than my pistol shrimp. besides, i havent even added any LR for a while. that bristle worm thing is interesting. i am just puzzled by this

thisistodd

just checked ammonia, its at 0. i have alot of bioballs, and plant life so i shouldnt have a prob with ammonia or nitrate/nitrite.

ndpb6b

Could someone run down the Pros and Cons of Bristle Worms and also exactly what they look like. I'm not trying to hijack this thread but it might shed some light on this problem of the missing fish.

thisistodd

its fine with me. but yet my crabs are getting huge..my hawaiin hermits. but i always find dead ones of those i dont know why. they crawl out of their shell or somethin...i have plenty

jimbo449

Do you have any brittle stars and if so i would suspect them guys as why your fish are disappearing. I had the same problem a few months back and finally i saw one of my star fish having a great dinner on one of my large fish. I really don't think these predators should be in a home fish tank. Just my opinion. I'am in the processes now of trying to catch these critters and get them out of my tank.