where can i get an octopus?

rednekreef

been lookin all over the web trying to find one, and i just can't come up with anything but info on them....I already did my studies....tank has been ready for 4 months. any info would be great.

adamsr10

you can get certain kinds at ***********.com... They don't have the buy it right now the website but if you email them off the octopus page you want they will replay and send it to you... hope this helps

brainrush

The "two doctors" have octopi from time to time. I just checked, though, and they are currently out of stock. They do have a notification feature that will alert you when they come back in stock.

rednekreef

thanks for the replies. I called LFS...that lady down there said the guy she deals with doesnt ever have those. I believe her too....the selection at her store sucks! lol One in particular that i want is an Blue ring octopus. size of a golf ball and deadly as a pit viper. <which i also have....eastern.diamond back rattler, and eyelash viper, and a Fer de Lance> Just so noone gets the impression i don' t know what I'm up against in getting one.
The tank i set up for an octopi is a 50 gallon closed loop. all holes are secured so that it cannot get into the pipes, the top i fabricated lockdown latches out of 1/2 inch thick plexiglass bars <6 in all that slide into the notches on each side of the tank> to hold down the 1/2 inch thick plexiglass top. i glued a "Feeder tube" to the top of the tank, that is a clear threaded plexiglass 2 inch pipe 10 " tall with a screw on cap. i wont have to take the top off every time i feed that way...i just unscrew the cap, put in the food, and screw the cap back on. I got that idea from my snake cages. to dangerous to open there doors everytime i need to feed them... and they are fast...let me tell ya..lol anyways...no matter the octopus i find, I think the tank will work for it.

speg

My LFS gets tons of really small ones in all the time.. buckets upon buckets full. No clue on the prices or when they're actually gonna get them.. but they do ship them out and im sure they'd ship to you if you wanted to contact them.... but I dont think im allowed to give you the info on them........ so you're out of luck!!!!
***)

rednekreef

Originally Posted by Speg
My LFS gets tons of really small ones in all the time.. buckets upon buckets full. No clue on the prices or when they're actually gonna get them.. but they do ship them out and im sure they'd ship to you if you wanted to contact them.... but I dont think im allowed to give you the info on them........ so you're out of luck!!!!
***)
maybe if you would be so kind as to shoot me a LFS number to my email? Thunder709k5@yahoo.com.

shoreliner11

You might want to post this in the aggressive forum. You might get some better responses from there. Also, another forum called Grimreefers is catered more towards aggressive fish and inverts. You might get some good info there as well.
Good on ya
aaron

rednekreef

well i see my post was removed....i don't see why if Saltwaterfish.com dont carry something....how retarded...oh well...lol thanks for the replies. i will check that out.

B

bloodhound

It sounds like you have experience with deadly creatures. I highly doubt you will be able to find a Blue-ring. In fact, the highly recommended (from forum members) book "The Concientious Aquarist" by Robert Fenner recommends boycotting any business that sells a Blue-ring. But it's your arse on the line, you do what you want.
An honest question, though... why a Blue-ring? Is it the venom or the aesthetics? Just wondering. At least with the snakes, anti-venom for a lot of snakes is more readily available. But I doubt the paramedic will be able decipher your grunts as "Blue-ring octopus" as you convulse across the floor - let alone find the anti-venom for it.

T

tampausmc

where in florida are you? I know a place here in tampa that carries them.....they have a couple nice ones in different sizes......