where did they go?

a short

I bought a small live rock today that had what I think are some sort of polyps or zoos best I can tell from what I remember they looked like. The lady at the lfs just said "yep its got something live on it, guess thats why they call it live rock." She let me have it for $3.50 so I was like bag it up! Well when I got home I acclimated it along with about 1 lb of other rock by pouring in main tank water every 15 min for 1 hr and put it in. I can't find any trace of the polyps (I think) at all and have checked many times with the lights on and off. Do they take awhile to come out or back?
I have a 96 wat 50/50 20 inch coralife fixture over a 20 gal high. I am very interested in swaping this fowler tank over to a mini reef but don't know much about reef keeping. Any good book recomendations?
I also had another great find at the same lfs about 2 weeks ago and got a cup shaped piece of live rock with this cool beigh colered coating with "hole looking dimples" in it. I though it was just a dead clam shell but after a couple of days under my lights it has bloomed into what I think is a Pagoda cup coral. That is what it really looks like from the pics on here. I need to put up a pic to try to get a positive ID so I will know how to care for it also. I also paid about $3.00 for it, good deal hugh?
Thanks in advance for any help !!!

lionfish12

Some things are attached into holes in the live rock. They might be inside of a hole. Look there. Or you killed them or they just went bye bye. Turn the lights off and look with a flash light on your live rock.

a short

just a update the stuff was xenia and it showed back up today, and I am sure I also have a pagoda cup coral which is so cool, my first coral for 3 bucks !!!! Only problem is now I am hooked "line and sinker"