Where do you keep yer jugs??

S

smallreef

I have 5g buckets.... I fill them up and put lids on them and usually leave them stored in a closet if I have to use the extra bathroom that I normally keep them in for company, lol
I have 5 of them... 2 fresh water, 2 mixed and an extra empty one at all times incase I need to empty something out... and 4 lids for the full buckets... you could always just make as you need and pile them up and fit them in a coat closet when not in use :)
the jugs I have are 10g and my husband also uses them for camping so I cant use them for mix water, lol

kiefers

Isn't this a personal and inappropriate question? I don't have jugs, but my wife does, I'll ask her and get back with ya.

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallreef http:///t/392533/where-do-you-keep-yer-jugs/20#post_3489567
I have 5g buckets.... I fill them up and put lids on them and usually leave them stored in a closet if I have to use the extra bathroom that I normally keep them in for company, lol
I have 5 of them... 2 fresh water, 2 mixed and an extra empty one at all times incase I need to empty something out... and 4 lids for the full buckets... you could always just make as you need and pile them up and fit them in a coat closet when not in use :)
the jugs I have are 10g and my husband also uses them for camping so I cant use them for mix water, lol
I have seen 10g coolers but never a jug...I even googled and can't find one, do you have a picture?

S

smallreef

um no pictures but I bought them at Lowes.. big blue containers with white lids that have spouts in that can be in or out...

snakeblitz33

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallreef http:///t/392533/where-do-you-keep-yer-jugs/20#post_3489575
um no pictures but I bought them at Lowes.. big blue containers with white lids that have spouts in that can be in or out...
I have seen those too. I know exactly what you are talking about. They are 7g blue utility containers. Usually you can pick them up at a hardware store. I have also occasionally seen them at Wally World of all places...

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeBlitz33 http:///t/392533/where-do-you-keep-yer-jugs/20#post_3489583
I have seen those too. I know exactly what you are talking about. They are 7g blue utility containers. Usually you can pick them up at a hardware store. I have also occasionally seen them at Wally World of all places...
7g is very different than 10g....or are you saying they just look simular....?

S

smallreef

ahhh 7 gallons...that seems more accurate..
Ive only used them for tank water 1 time... then my husband flipped out, lol

sweat90lx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower http:///t/392533/where-do-you-keep-yer-jugs#post_3489545
You don't have your own RO unit? How large is your tank?
At Walmart RO water is (in my area) 37 cents a gallon. Bottled water is not necessarily reverse osmoses water, and it's 5Xs more expensive. A 3g jug or a 5g jug would be cheaper to refill in the long run.
I worked on the railroad, the engineer was supplied with bottled water, everything on the railroad is bid on as to what company they use for stuff like that and cleaning supplies...the cheapest bid gets the deal, as with most companies.....it was just city tap water, it tasted good and it was in convient bottles is about all it offered, the filtering they used was designed concerning taste and often it had something added to make it taste better.
I dont have a RO unit or a TDS meter yet. I will get them soon though. I have a 55.
Walmart has the 37 cent water but the jugs are $8 each.
You know the water Im using. Its not the little jugs anymore, it is bottled and says filtered by RO on the cap. It is made by Premium Waters Inc(Ill google them now) but probably the cheapest they could get.

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweat90lx http:///t/392533/where-do-you-keep-yer-jugs/20#post_3489669
I dont have a RO unit or a TDS meter yet. I will get them soon though. I have a 55.
Walmart has the 37 cent water but the jugs are $8 each.
You know the water Im using. Its not the little jugs anymore, it is bottled and says filtered by RO on the cap. It is made by Premium Waters Inc(Ill google them now) but probably the cheapest they could get.
Hi,
I know the jugs are expensive...but they are refillable and last for years and years. If they get nasty looking or even spring a leak, you can trade them in for an already filled jug and get a brand new one and only pay for the water. However as long as the bottled water you are using says RO it's okay to use it.
I have horrible well water, and filters would cost me a fortune. I RENT my 5 stage RO unit from Culligan, they have a TDS meter attached, and they are responsible for the filters..$39.99 a month and I have UNLIMITED water for... drinking, cooking, top off and water changes for two tanks. They come out at my request and do all the maintenance of swaping out filters. I got very tired of hauling around jugs of water. I love my set up and for me it's worth the $40.00 a month and it's worry free.
If you have your own unit, you have to keep the filters changed or it does more harm than good. However nothing beats having water at your fingertips when you have the SW tanks.

sweat90lx

Ive been looking at a stage 4 unit. You know I research like crazy and have told my wife about all the benefits it offers.
I need to get a TDS meter and do some testing first but I want a unit to eliminate the hauling of cases and jugs if possible.

S

smallreef

Have you gotten a yearly letter about your municipal water course?
I bought an AWI 5 stage RO/DI and bought a TDS meter when I ordered it ($20)
my original TDS is 347 my output after RO but before DI is 73 and after is 0....
so you may want to think about that extra stage... just sayin

S

saltymac2012

I use a 15-20 gal storage container and two 5 gal buckets(empty salt) , they are usually in the living room where the tank is. The wife didnt like it, but she understands that top off every day and weekly water changes means lots of water. Since I have a house, I can hide everything in the laundry room if company comes over. Its just a pain luggin 8# a gallon up and down the stairs.