Where in NY are you?

harlequinnut

Just wondering how many New Yorkers are on this board and which part of NY are you from? I'm from Queens New york.

saltysyd

I'm in Oswego, NY which is waaaaayyyyy upstate, right off Lake Ontario. Can you say BRRRRRR!! Can't wait to move to FL in the fall this -17 degrees crap has gotta go!! :scared:

i use to live in queens in richmond hills right off of jamacia ave but then i moved up to orange county ny which is about an hr. and a half out of the city

fishman830

i used to live in NY, Upstate .. Syracuse, but now am in NJ, at the border.. but hey close enough right?

elfdoctors

I'm a former New Yorker but still consider myself as a New Yorker at heart! I still have family there (Portchester, Hopewell Junction and Wappinger Falls).
I grew up in Valhalla (Westchester County), went to college in Ithaca and medical school at Stony Brook. I moved away around 15 years ago. Family Practice had died off in most of the state (particularly downstate).

fishman830

Originally posted by scoobydoo
I'm from Syracuse, grew up in Oswego, husband and some family in Ogdensburg.

my uncle lives in oswego

fishking

Originally posted by saltysyd
I'm in Oswego, NY which is waaaaayyyyy upstate, right off Lake Ontario. Can you say BRRRRRR!! Can't wait to move to FL in the fall this -17 degrees crap has gotta go!! :scared:

hey at least u have a lake, if i lived there i would go fishing everyday, im what u call a fish-a-holic

yellowtail

i live in clifton park,ny which is 30 miles north of albany........................hey fish tanker, where do you go to a lfs?eddies?do you know any other places besides eddies?

fishtanker

hey yellowtail...you can go to Union Aquarium in Schenectady (its on Union Street) notas much selection as eddies but a little cheaper.
There is also Somthing Fishy in Scotia (near SChenectady) decent selection with decent prices.
I was at eddies the other day and they had this HUGE mantis shrimp (6 inches plus) check it out if you can
Brian

scoobydoo

Littleguy,
I live in Syracuse but am coming to the Burg for the 4th. Any food fish stores there or do you have to come all the way to Syracuse? Any in Watertown, Canton or Massena?