where in the wild do most lps reside?

tru conch

i was wondering if anyone would know where in the wild most lps (euphillya sp.) live? upper reef? mid reef slope? rubble zone? does anyone know their natural habitat?

fender

Let me be even a little more specific - a large body of natural salt water called the Ocean. :D

tru conch

hahaha,
a real bunch of jokesters, but im one myself (better a smart alec than a dumb alec is what i always say)
the reason i ask is i am considering making a rubble zone biotope, but im not a 100% sure where most lps naturally reside, thats all.

reefsoe

are there 7 of them.... ?? Who is alec :nervous:
My guess... honestly maybe a shot in the dark for me would be the great barrier reef... in Australia... could be wrong theres many. That might be the biggest . Chime in if im horrably wrong though

spsfreak100

Originally posted by tru conch
i was wondering if anyone would know where in the wild most lps (euphillya sp.) live? upper reef? mid reef slope? rubble zone? does anyone know their natural habitat?

Euphyllia is commonly found (Exported) around Bali, Indo-Pacific, Red Sea, Fiji, Indonesia, and Tonga.
Ahh maybe Sps might be at the GBR...
I'm fairly sure most SPS are found around the same areas of LPS (Bali, Indonesia, Red Sea, Tonga, Fiji, etc.) From my knowledge, no one exports SPS from the Great Barrier Reef (please correct me if I'm incorrect).
-Graham

reefsoe

If were talking exporting then I believe Red Sea an Indo Pacific are correct.... I was talking about where they reside most. Again I could Be wrong

tru conch

i am just trying to find out if i do a rubble zone biotope if that lps are part of that particular biotope. (pacific ocean rubble zone)