Where in the world are the fish lovers?

ktwheet

Since I mentioned it in the post about people's ages, I am wondering where everyone on this board lives. So how bout it? What part of the world do you call home? I live in a suburb of Memphis, Tennessee, home of Elvis and the Blues. I am hoping to move in April and need some suggestions on good places to live (big cities...I'm not cut out for rural).

kmr

I live just north of Seattle WA. Seattle is a very nice city to live in. I grew up in LA and it sucked, too much smog and people. I used to work for Intermec and was sent to Memphis to shut down the service center there. I loved Beale Street. I must say I ate so many ribs I still don't want to smell hickory smoke. That was 1 year ago. The southern hospitality was very refreshing. You can bring that here with you if moved here.
Kirk

I live right inbetween Dallas and Ft. Worth Texas. I like it alright, but it is so hot, you can't even go swimming to cool down right now, the water is burning. I honestly liek it more up North where it isn't so humid, but I am the opposite, I love nature, and I would leave the city in a heart beat.

bobsingh1

San Jose, CA. I love it. Weather is great. Jobs are plenty. People are OK. Lots of fish stores. Plenty of variety. Great to be living here. Only one drawback... realestate is real high. So don't start making any plans yet...

gabe

I live in Los Angeles and work in a fish store their. The weather is cool, the people are nice, and I can play golf all day long.

ja

I live in Newark Delaware. For those of you who have never been to Delaware(trust me most people haven't)its in between Philadelphia and Baltimore. The area is way to crowded and building is never ending. I would love a better lfs selection as well!

mr . salty

I live in southwestern Michigan. About a mile from lake Michigan. Nice place to live,about an hour from Chicago by car,halph that by boat. The lake has a great beach,warm water,and the fishing is world class.Warm summers,cold winters and everthing in between. I LOVE IT STEVE

reptilicus

I live in Sydney, Australia. Pretty good, nice climate, beautiful beaches and stuff. Good access to livestock. A bit hard to get aquarium drygoods at times but hey, you can't have it all.
Regards,
Tom

laneki

I live in Lawrence, Kansas--home of the University of Kansas Jayhawks. If you have ever been to Austin, Texas it is a larger version of Lawrence. Great local bands and beer and thirty minutes away is Kansas City with awesome BBQ, jazz and the Kansas City Chiefs! Aside from the humidity, it is a great place to live. The culture is diverse, with hippies a-plenty...! And if you want the city atmosphere occassionaly, Chicago is only a six hour drive away.
[This message has been edited by laneki (edited 07-20-2000).]

salt one

i live in Seaford Delaware, boring around here, the most exciting thing we do is go to wal-mart! oh, yeah we use to be the drug capital of the united states! lol, ain't that great! but not anymore, we only have crack alley now! lol but where we live your far away from that mess!

t_larz

I am from Ohio here, near Toledo but in a podonk town. NO LFS and the closest is about 30 minutes away. I am fifteen and love the hobby already. I one thing I think I have started to learn is the patience part. It does pay off in the end though. :p

ja

Originally posted by SALT ONE:
i live in Seaford Delaware, boring around here, the most exciting thing we do is go to wal-mart! oh, yeah we use to be the drug capital of the united states! lol, ain't that great! but not anymore, we only have crack alley now! lol but where we live your far away from that mess!

I live in Newark which is about an hour away from you. Where do you go to get your fish. Also how is Seaford the drug capitol of DE. The town is about is big as a development up here. I always thought Wilmington had the most crime.

bobsingh1

Come on... no two people from same place...??? But its good to know that we pretty much cover entire US and hey.. a part of austraaaliaa too.. just kidding.

rickt4du

I'm from Pell City, Alabama. about 6 mile from the Talladega Superspeedway. We have a great LFS about 30 miles away. Glad to be part of such a smart group of people here on this BB. Thanks all for the help.

fishgirl

Hey my name is Jean, I'm only 14, and I've been heavily into fish since I got my first freshwater tank when I was seven years old! I live in the south-east of Virginia. Boring compared to Hawaii, LOL, but still quite nice. We have lots of historical stuff, beautiful four seasons with probly the most spring flowers anywhere in the world, and we have one of the best amusment parks with awesome roller coasters that people come from all over the world to ride, and I get to live 10 minutes away from it! We have a nice melting pot of southern and northern culture, and also all the advantages of a city with the feel and clean air of the country.
The downside is: I only have 1 LFS to choose from, or else I have to go to the internet. I love this site!

mr . salty

Hey rickt4du, You wanna trade? I'd love to live so close to the greatest race track in the world. Just went to see the cart race last weekend at Michigan speedway,and we go to Indy every year.But I will still trade. STEVE

rickt4du

hey steve....you can have it i love nascar but this place is a nuthouse with all the race fans....i watch the race on tv and turn one of my ham radio antennas toward the track..listen to the drivers on my scanner from the living room....quit drooling now!!
rick

mr . salty

Sammy, have you been on the MILLENIUM, Worlds fastest,tallest,and steepest noninverted turn? It's my mission to ride that one this year.....STEVE

tjswanson

I'm 15 and from Illinois and just got started w/ fish mainly saltwater in February of this year! Hey sammystingray I'm going to cedar point is August I can't wait.. What's the best ride????