Where is the best and cheapest place to buy fish?

gregvabch

not supposed to support other websites on this forum. i've never ordered anything from swf.com but most people seem pretty satisfied with their orders.

You want the best and cheapest together.....well your not asking for much :D
Just razzing ya....like it was said, we really aren't supposed to encourage competition on this board.

dejay

I havn't had ANY bites what so ever. No one has e-mailed me about it or anything, so I guess I'm stuck with it.

ukcats

you can probably get by without buying more stuff for it...although if i remember correctly you need a couple of powerheads..try ----..they are cheap on there. This sitr is the cheapest i've seen. Also, it has nice looking animals. I hope it's back up soon.

dejay

I was told I don't need any power heads if theres movement on the top of the water from my filter? That came from my LPS

maverick005

your first mistake would be taking your LPSs advice over the hundreds on here.
10-20 times turnover is recomended...
HTH
-brandon

smythie14s

usually the best places to buy fish are not gonna be cheap just to let you know and this hobby isnt cheap so..

fshhub

a couple of pointers, hope they help you out:
buy here, great prices and i have been satisfied with everything i ahve gotten here
do not advertise for other sites, please. Or even encourage it EVEn by using email.
NEVER< EVER listen to an LPS and take their word as fact or gospel, without looking elsewhere like here for an UNbiased answer
you want lots of movement, at all levels in the tank, not jsut a surface filter
you really do NOT want a filter anyway
and normally, you do get what you pay for, but the prices here are hard to beat and there si free shiping available

ukcats

you don't have enough turnover...If I remember all you have is an Emporer 400? Is that right? you'll have problems without a powerhead or two. Just to move water across the sand. FYI...

dejay

dicemanj - Its a 55 Gallon Tank, the stand, two 24" Hoods, upgraded the lights for the hoods to Coralife Actinic Lights, An Emperor 400 Filtration System. ( Part Number PF0400B, he said it was the best filter he had ), Two 20 lb bags of Carib Sea Arag-Alive reef sand, one 14lb bag of Reef Crystal Synthetic Sea Salt, a 300 Watt titanium tube heater, food, net, stresscoat, and other little extras. Also I was going to throw in my other 20 gal tank with it. Its complete as well.