Where is your tank located??

dugan

Just wondering... I've had tanks in my living room, bedroom, even in the dining room.
Due to space issues and the fact that I wanted my dining room back, I just downsized my 58 to a 35 in the computer room.
I'm especially interested in where you guys with BIG tanks keep yours...
:)
Katie

dragracer

Ready for this? I have a 55 SW tank and a 30 FW tank in my room. After the holidays I am going to start a 75 gallon tank(in my room) and until it cycles, the 55 will still be in my room. so for a bout a month and a half I will 160 gallons of water in my bedroom. I bet I will be peeing a lot during the night!!!

I keep my 125g and 55g in my basement.
My 37g reef however is in my room. not to interrupt the thread, but for xmas I am getting the ecosystem 40(hangon) and it comes with an overflow. does anyone know anything about the overflow that it comes with, like is it loud??? my protein skimmer already keeps me up a little bit???

logen32

i have a 55 gallon in my dining room and i was hoping to put a 180 gallon in there but im not sure if the weight can be sopported.
what do u think?

kreach

The room that was meant to be the dining room was instead turned into the aquarium room for our 175 gallon reef. And then we have our newly established 120 in the computer room.

I keep mine in the rec. room downstairs. I just hope nobody scratches when playing pool too bad :hilarious Anyone ever heard or had experiences with upper floors not being able to support a tant ?hehe

Flame... yes I have!!!! unfortunatly a couple of my cousins were playing that game on my pool table where you try to smash each others fingers by rolling the pool balls at the other player as hard as you can. anyways I had just put a 10 gallon up where I thought had plenty of clearance from the pool table. It was my "hospital tank" and had a coral buety in it and I was trying to cure it. anyways a ball flew up and smashed right into the front of my tank. Oh and by the way this was New Years Eve last year at about 12:15. So quickly I threw the fish in my 55 gallon and got in the car and drove straight to wal-mart. As you can imagine they were open and I was just about the only one in there. The other people were buying a bottle of wine or something like that, and I walked up with a 10 gallon aqurium. the chekout lady just looked at me and laughed, I replied, dont ask. It was quality. anyways, I learned my lesson and moved the tank!!

drakken

Originally posted by Velocity
family room right by the home theater big screen tv :D

Yup, me too. And one in my bedroom, one in my Son's room and one in my daughter's room.

lovethesea

Originally posted by midwest reefer
I ecosystem 40(hangon) and it comes with an overflow. does anyone know anything about the overflow that it comes with, like is it loud??? my protein skimmer already keeps me up a little bit???

whisper quiet. Our neighbor has one and we just purchsed one for our new tank. NO SKIMMER
They just love it

robchuck

My house flows from a kitchen, to a dining area, to the family room. I have my 65 on the wall where the dining area blends into the family room. My 150 is still set up on a wall behind the table in our dining area. We always called the seat in front of the tank the Godfather seat, because you feel like mafioso with a big reef behind you. Unfortunetly, the 150 is coming down soon because of a flood that weakend the structural integrity of the stand. I'm using that tank as a large hospital tank right now, where I'm using the opportunity to treat the fish with hypo, before I move them to the currently empty 65.

jmesmcm

My 90 gallon tank is in my den which can be seen from the kitchen (there is a pass through from the kitchen to the den) and from the den.

beaslbob

my 55g salt is infront of the fireplace in the livingroom. 10g fresh in kitchen. 20g macto algae culture in laundry room. 65Qt salt tub on porch.

D

daniel411

I have one in my living room.
I have one in my library/comp. room/spare bedroom.
I have two in my utility room set-up for mixing/aerating water and as a qt tank, which still isn't running.

logen32

i was wondering if i was able to keep a 170+ in my living room in on the main floor and do u think it is possible?

fender

In what used to be our dining room. It has no become a den with a couch and a tv along with the tank.