Where to find a true black clown?

fishfinder

I was wondering if it is possible to get a true black percula clownfish. I have looked all over and the only ones I can find have orange around their mouths. Thanks.

viper_930

There is no such thing as a black true percula except the black onyx clowns (orange on mouths and fins).

fishfinder

Sorry, I meant to say Black and "White" percula clownfish. I have seen many with orange around their mouths but, I would prefer one that has no orange on it or around it's mouth.

connor

im not trying to ague with you viper but i saw one about 4 hours ago at my lfs it was ALL black with NO orange i was goin to buy it but i didnt have enough cash on me but i did buy 2 black and white perculas that just have orange on there noses :cheer:

viper_930

connor and fishfinder, I believe you two are thinking about a black/white ocellaris clown. These are not true percs, but rather false percs.

fishfinder

Viper, I know about the black/white ocellaris clowns' with orange on their mouths but, at a local lfs they had a black and white clown that had absolutly no orange on it (wasn't for sale). I was wondering if you can buy these clowns with no orange on them or is it just by chance that when these clowns mature they lose the orange around their mouths and their entire body becomes black, while others might retain the orange around the mouth? Even if it was a false perc at the lfs it was all black and white without any orange.

viper_930

Some mature black/white ocellaris clowns do not have orange around the mouths. It is a hit or miss to get a young clown and hope it will grow up to not have any orange. There's no sure way of knowing what they'll look like when they mature.

connor

ohh ok thanks for clarifying viper
mine are the black and white occelaris does this mean i could get a pair of reg. occelaris too?
they are in the same spicies or would they just fight? thanks

oceana

Originally Posted by fishfinder
Viper, I know about the black/white ocellaris clowns' with orange on their mouths but, at a local lfs they had a black and white clown that had absolutly no orange on it (wasn't for sale). I was wondering if you can buy these clowns with no orange on them or is it just by chance that when these clowns mature they lose the orange around their mouths and their entire body becomes black, while others might retain the orange around the mouth? Even if it was a false perc at the lfs it was all black and white without any orange.

the clowns we breed are 100% black and whtie. not a spec of orange on them when the get older. even now most have veery little orange

fishfinder

Viper, thanks for the clarification. I was kinda thinking this might be the case. Do you have any helpful tips as to what to look for in a clown that might turn all black and white without any orange (less orange around the mouth than others etc...)?
Oceana, do you sell them? If you do what about shipping?

oceana

Viper, thanks for the clarification. I was kinda thinking this might be the case. Do you have any helpful tips as to what to look for in a clown that might turn all black and white without any orange (less orange around the mouth than others etc...)?
I will sell or trade however they are not of age for shipping yet.
theables@knology.net

corally

I would like to know this also.

promisetbg

I believe he works at the place that breeds them..they do not sell to the public.They will come in with the orange ..but it should all fade out at or around 11 months.We sell them here..they are beautiful.

oceana

Originally Posted by promisetbg
I believe he works at the place that breeds them..they do not sell to the public.They will come in with the orange ..but it should all fade out at or around 11 months.We sell them here..they are beautiful.
if you mean me I do not work at any type of breeding place. i just like breeding them. my wife and i do it for fun. i do sell them from time to time but really we just like to trade them. shoot me an email. theabels@knology.net