Where to purchase a large tank online?

D

dboy999

Hello all..bin out of the loop for awhile just got my new home an ready to dive back in ...Was wandering if anyone knew any sites to purchase a very large tankwith reasonable prices.Like 350 to 500 gallon range.I dont think swf carrie tanks that large so i dont think im breaking the rules here....Any help would be great bin looking for awhile tough to find ..Seen a few on ---- awhile back but wasent ready to purchase yet..not many on there now ...thanks ...

S

sonicboom1

I was seaching ---- for tanks and most of the people dont ---- because of weight etc..but hope you find something.

dogstar

Might want to look into haveing one built localy or shipping charges can be steep.
Just do a search of acrylic aquarium manufactors and should come up with plenty.
500 gls............cool.

jer4916

theres a guy on ---- that custom makes large tanks... www.----.com look for acrylic tanks
he gave me great advice for fixing the used acrylic tank i bought, and it worked like a CHARM...and my tank looks brand new..so i would look around on there.
IMO

A

andretti

You'd be insane for buying one online. You're looking at around a minium of $100 bucks just for shipping, and that's for acrylic. Most companies won't ship glass for obvious reasons.

jer4916

also note : if your using glass for a 250+ gallon tank your crazy!!!!!!! ...sooooo heavy....soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo dangerous.

bill f

Acryllic is the way to go with that size (weight). Eebaay look there. there are three or four manufacturers that sell direct on there that offer tanks that size. I got a 180 gallon 3 months ago one (haven't had time to set up yet) but its beautiful. The guys is in Arizona.

bill f

dboy, didn't realize it was you. Think I spoke to you over the winter about stores in the SJ area. I'm in Haddonfield. How have you been? Movin up in size.

thegrog

There is a company that specializes in acrylic tanks. The make them up to 1,500 gallons!! From round to L-shaped.
The company name is Tenecor. Just put a www and a .com in there somewhere and you should find it.

J

jacob_poly

There was a seller on the auction site (not spelling the site, but you know what it is...:) ) and he had some pretty large tanks of 240 G and 500 G sizes. The buy it now price was really good. I think on the 240 it was like 1200$ or thereabouts. I dont know if the item is still on the site since this was of some time ago. But if you did the buy-it-now deal, you basically got free shipping. I was drooling over that one but later just forced myself to give up thinking about it...:)

acrylic51

Originally Posted by Jer4916
also note : if your using glass for a 250+ gallon tank your crazy!!!!!!! ...sooooo heavy....soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo dangerous.
What's so dangerous about it?? If the tank is built correctly shouldn't be a problem.... Weight is an issue, but something you factor into your decision before you buy the tank as to where your going to place it and if it feasable to move the tank

D

dboy999

sorry all, i found a guy iam going with the 375gallon good price also .....thanks for the input all.an Jer ya need to relax a bit..An yes bill we spoke awhile back i bought a new house an all just getting settled now ready for the fish room..Basically making my basement a fish room with a poker table ofcourse

Originally Posted by Dogstar
Might want to look into haveing one built localy or shipping charges can be steep.
Just do a search of acrylic aquarium manufactors and should come up with plenty.
500 gls............cool.
i concur

bill f

Nice dboy, good luck with the new crib. I bought my 180 off the net, try "acrylic creations". The guy will make you anything (Mike Reber). shipping was included in buy now price but would have run about $80-100.

thegrog

Originally Posted by Bill F
Nice dboy, good luck with the new crib. I bought my 180 off the net, try "acrylic creations". The guy will make you anything (Mike Reber). shipping was included in buy now price but would have run about $80-100.
I looked him up and he is in New Zealand. That is going a little far for acrylic if you ask me

bill f

No, this guy is in Chandler, Arizona
ACRYLICTNK at aol.com
Try an email, not sure if he has a site

bill f

Just checked Grog, he's got 3 tanks on auction site right now. (70, 120&180)
Try Aquariums $300-$2,000
Says "Direct from Manufacturer"
Check it out, let me know how you make out.