where to put wrasses?

runn3rb3an

right now I have a yellow tail and a lunare wrasse in 2 different tanks. Im getting at least a 120 in the very near future and i would like to combine a few tanks. would the wrasses be able to coexsist? I know its probably not possible but would it help to put them in together at the same time or one before the other? they are both the same size. thanks a lot
PHP Code:
Code:
[code]
[object Selection]
[/code]

R

rcreations

I've had 3 wrasses in a 150 without any incident at all... it was a lunare, yellow wrasse and cleaner wrasse.

runn3rb3an

oh wow ok i thought I wouldnt be able to do this. should I put the yellowtail in first considering its less aggresive? or do you think its better to do it at the same time?
PHP Code:
Code:
[code]
[object Selection]
[/code]

R

rcreations

My yellow wrasse was long established before I put in the lunare. So I'd say put in the yellow tail first.

95harley

I have 4 wrasse in my 240g and they do just fine, all 7"+. My Tusk chases every now and then, but nothing major.
Aust. Tusk
Red Sea Green Bird Wrasse
Red Coris Wrasse
Lunar Wrasse
Just make sure there are caves and places to break up territory so they can avoid one another if one get's "grumpy".

runn3rb3an

+10,000

thanks for the help
I was thinking about picking up a 240 acrylic for 500 bucks. Sound like a good deal? How do you lik the demensions...the one im looking at is 8x2x2

crypt keeper

you have more options than you will ever realize. 8 foot tanks are perfect for a lot of fish. Large angels. Large tangs. Wrasses. Its a perfect tank,.

95harley

Originally Posted by runn3rb3an
http:///forum/post/3064215
+10,000

thanks for the help
I was thinking about picking up a 240 acrylic for 500 bucks. Sound like a good deal? How do you lik the demensions...the one im looking at is 8x2x2
Mine is also an 8x2x2, great tank but making 60g of RO/DI SW water everymonth gets OLD!!!!!!!!!!!

runn3rb3an

Thanks

I think the 240 got sold on c-list but im looking at a 180 this weekend

Plus I would need to wait another 2 years untill the kitchen was redone untill I could put up the 240 so its all good.