where ya from and where's your fav. LFS?

patandlace

Live in Concord. Favorite store is Plymouth Pet. They have a very knowledgeable staff and nice coral tanks too.

1journeyman

DFW...
My favorite shop (Randy's Fish Waarehouse) just closed down.
Seriously though, for the most part I research what I want then find it online.

S

slayer

Originally Posted by fedukeford
ive heard they are REALLY good, do you belong to the URS?
no i don't

anonome

Woodbridge, Va.
I actually have two favorites....for coral I have to say that Marine Scene in Herndon, Va. Their coral is outstanding, very large. They have excellent fish, I just have not purchased any to see the outcome.
For fish, I really like Maru Pets in Fredricksburg, Va. They quarantine everything for 10 days, if you see something you like that hasn't been quarantined long enough, you can hold it.
You can see that I don't mind the drive, both are about 25 miles from my home, one north, one south, if the quality of the livestock is superior. I have been very pleased with both.

imurnamine

Decatur, Northern Alabama
I LOVE Coral Reef Aquatics in Athens, I work at Pet Depot and like to get fish there... and... my local ***** whose fish are always healthy. <3

S

slayer

Originally Posted by fedukeford
didnt aquatech open recently in buffalo?
well I just got back from aquatech and I have to say that is by far the best lfs I have ever been to. the staff was very friendly and knowledgeable who each had there own specialty. as soon as walked in the door i was greeted welcome to aquatech and introduced to all the staff who provided a tour of the store. store was broken into different sections all the lights on the tanks were marked what wattage they were.they said so you know what you need in order to keep that coral or whatever, they asked a lot of questions about your setup and won't sell you something if your setup isn't right.they have by far become my favorite lfs and I will definately be going here from now on.
:cheer: :cheer: