Which anemone goes with tomato clown?

stupid_naso

Well my question is right there, what anemone should I buy for my tomato clown to sleep or play with? Recently I bought an anemone (forgot the name of it), but the clown does not seem to fond to it. Can anybody help? Thanks

stupid_naso

Wowowow, you're saying an anemone can eat a fish? a clown fish? Man, that's wrong. Anyway, I like the purple tip sebae, too. But we'll see. Oh yeah I read that tomato clown prefer long tentacled anemone? Is that true? Thanks for the input
:D

I had a pair of percs that got "clownfish disease" Brooknella?? or some thing like that and once they got sick "poof" bubble tip
ate em :eek: :eek: My Tomato has been nice and healthy "knock on wood" and watching them in the tank together looks great. Good luck with yours.

My cinnamon didn't like either anenome I got for him (long tentical and purple tip hatian) I was told he was wild, but being he didn't want anything to do with either of them (kicking sub. at then), I am guessing he's tank raised. Alot tank raised won't have anything to do with them from what I have read, as well it's also up to the anenome to host the clown. Ask alot of questions first and read up on their preferences before you decide.
Dan

ebeckels

i have a question off the topic. The people here with 46 bow tanks..do u have canopys? How do you keep the lights over the tank? I am just laying my 2 96 watt lights and they are making the tank temp. raise a little. If you have canopys where did u get them? Please email me at EBeckels@aol.com Thank you.
by the way: my perc clown does not like my carpet or flower...he didn't like my atlantic either. the perc is tank raised though.

i got a question thta is off the topic but i must know is there a reason y my IP number is not allowed to communicate to the forums durign like the after noon i mean did i do sumthgin wrong or sumthing?

Im also just laying my PC across the top, it hasnt really affected my temp much though. I'll eventually attempt a canopy but I can deal with my set up for now.

blutang

Its funny that you ask about canopies, I recently saw one at my LFS.....and he told me that a company did some samples and noone liked them, simply because they are of much quality.......I haven't had any problems with my lighting effecting the water tempature and I have a Power Compact Bright Light and a blue night bulb as well.
Later!

phisherman

Originally posted by EBeckels:
<STRONG>i have a question off the topic. The people here with 46 bow tanks..do u have canopys? How do you keep the lights over the tank? I am just laying my 2 96 watt lights and they are making the tank temp. raise a little. If you have canopys where did u get them? Please email me at EBeckels@aol.com Thank you.
by the way: my perc clown does not like my carpet or flower...he didn't like my atlantic either. the perc is tank raised though.</STRONG>

Try contacting All Glass Aquariums on the internet and you shoud be able to get one that way. I have a 46 that is made by All Glass so I know that they make them.

D

diatom

BTA is a good choice.
The reason they stay away from your long tenticled ones is that those are Carribean species which are not native to them. Clowns will not host in them.
[ November 21, 2001: Message edited by: Diatom ]