Which aragonite sand?

K

kpatrick

I sold my last take 6 months ago when I moved and now I am setting up my new 125g reef tank. I forget which size aragonite sand I need. I am looking at the - CaribSea Aragamax Oolitic Select Reef Sand: 0.5-1.02mm grain- Is that grain size small enough for sand sifters like gobies and cucumbers to pass?
I have a standard size 125g tank and I am planning on having the sand bed about 2" deep. The sand comes in a 30lb bag so does anyone have the folrmula to calcualte if I will need 3 or 4 bags?
Thanks!

ghettotang

Actually this site have a calculation on how much sand bed you need to determined that what you need. All you need to do is click on the icon on the left hand side under live rock live sand. Also can I asked you where are you getting your sand from because I also have 125g ready reef tank and I'm about to set up my tank soon. I just want to gather all the stuff I need for the set-up so that when I set-up mine is easy for me. Email me at JayPnoy12@aol.com.
Thanx
Jay

K

kpatrick

I am not sure where I am getting it yet. I thought about buying it online but the shipping cost eliminates all the money you save by buying online.
I am headed to Ft. Walton Beach, Florida next week. How nice would it be if I could just fill a couple 5 gallon buckets with sand right out of the ocean! Seems like the same concept the companies use that sell the sand.