Which are you?

earlybird

When parking at the mall or any store do you grab the first spot available or do you drive circles looking for the closest spot?
Yesterday I watched a woman drive around 3 times looking for a closer spot. By the time she got the spot I was walking into the store. I found humor with the situation because it seems ridiculous to me and I don't think that that woman had any idea and probably thinks that everyone always looks for the closest spot

aquaknight

I always look for the closest spot at work, cuz I am trustworthy enough that co-workers would treat the Caddy well. However in any type of public setting, I always park at the back of the lot, where the other cool cars park....

renogaw

depends on the car...
in my truck, i find whatever spot i can safely park it in... which in the most cases is a mile away...
in the focus, its whatever is open as close as possible in the first lane i'm in.

As bad as this sounds...
If you ever look, 9 out of 10 times, the persons weight is directly responsible for how long they will look for a spot.
The bigger they are, the longer they look.
I even did it myself! Back last year when I tipped the scale at 272, I always found myself cruising around forever looking for a spot. It never occurred to me that maybe if I walked that whole extra 25 feet maybe I wouldn't be 272

Now, I usually park far away, just to get a nice little walk in. Which is probably why I'm down 70lbs

perfectdark

First available, I could care less where it is. I will pass a spot up right next to the entrance of a store if I feel my car will be too close the ones next to me. I hate door dings from people who dont care about their vehicles.

kjr_trig

I usually look for a large spot where my car won't get dinged....To which my wife says "Why are we parking in California?"

m0nk

I don't mind walking to a far off spot, it's good for you.
Of course, when I'm riding my motorcycle, I'd rather have a closer spot so I can get back out and ride quicker. Anyone notice how they don't have those huge group motorcycle spots anymore?

dragonzim

I usually just grab the first spot I come across. My father used to drive me nuts because he was one of those guys that would circle for 20 minutes trying to get a close spot.

S

sexyshrimp101

I actually try and park farther out where there aren't any cars next to me. I get too paranoid about door dings (especially after my mirror got cracked almost the whole way off by another car when it was parked) and I would like to keep my Mustang looking pretty.

bionicarm

Originally Posted by TheClemsonKid
http:///forum/post/2635834
As bad as this sounds...
If you ever look, 9 out of 10 times, the persons weight is directly responsible for how long they will look for a spot.
The bigger they are, the longer they look.
I even did it myself! Back last year when I tipped the scale at 272, I always found myself cruising around forever looking for a spot. It never occurred to me that maybe if I walked that whole extra 25 feet maybe I wouldn't be 272

Now, I usually park far away, just to get a nice little walk in. Which is probably why I'm down 70lbs

I'll agree with this one. I went to lunch today and parked in a lot that had a variety of open spaces. As I was walking towards the restaurant, I saw this car sit and wait for another car to pull out of a space. The funny thing was, there was an empty space just two spots further from the one they were waiting for. When the person got out of the car, I could see why she waited. They don't call it Fat Antonio for nothing...

first i find. if theres one at the front by two beaters i wont take it, ill keep going, they obviously dont care about dinging my car or theirs.

earlybird

Nearly 100% of the parking lots in Florida have wide spots and at an angle. To accommodate the snow birds and their big cars maybe. I forgot that when I moved to Florida years ago I found that strange. For that reason I don't normally worry about what the car looks like I park next to.

spiderwoman

We like our cars too much so we park them to the furthest spot on the parking lot, the spot that has the least cars and that is most likely not to get packed. From what I've noticed it doesn't matter how far I park my SUV, there is always a moron who will park their rust infested piece of #(&%*(# right next to it like there is no other spot on the parking lot.

scotts

I will park in the first spot I find.
Early, you forgot the other option.
1. Park in the first spot you find.
2. Drive around looking for a spot.
3. Sit in your car with your blinker on while you wait for someone to unload all their stuff from their cart into their car, take their kid out of the cart and put it into the car seat, then wait while they take the cart to the cart collection area. All the while you are blocking the aisle so that no other cars can get by you and then you have to try and back up because you did not leave the person enough room to get out of their parking spot.