Which Bulbs on a 2X96 for a 45 gallon?

sov82

Im buying my girlfriend a 2X96 36" PC light tomorrow. This is for her 45 gallon tank. This will give her about 4 watts per gallon and I think they will work out nice for her.
My question is:
Which bulb combination should I get for her? 50/50s, 1xBlue Actinic, and 10k Whites are my choices.
She will be doing mainly fish with live rock and probably a couple soft corals. Would 1 10k and 1 1xBlue Actinic be a good choice?
Thanks,
Matt

derrikd

i would do the 1 10k and 1 1xBlue Actinic, then have the bule come on first like and hour then have the 10k come on, then at night the same thing, white 10k off first the the blue off and hour later.. plus this gives a good ballance of color and light.

robchuck

I used to run 2x96W PCs over my 36" long 65 gallon tank. My bulb combo was 1x10,000K and 1xActinic 03. The tank was FOWLR at that time, and I was very pleased with the results.

benj2112

I have a 36" 40 gallon with 2 96w PCs...one 10k and one True Actinic 03. I really like the resulting color the two give off together.
One note...maybe it is obvious, but make sure you get Actinic 03 and not that fake blue bulb that some companies try to pass off as Actinic. The true actinic is much better.