which cable network is the best?

bronco300

So after getting so disappointed on not seeing my broncos play tonight, and missing discovery channel and all that good stuff...I think we want to get some type of cable(actually we've been wanting it for a while)...what experience have you guys had luck with? I pretty much hate ATT and DISH because of what i've dealt with before(dish tried take 900 from me when they claimed I didnt send back their units...and att lied to me about one of their programs). But i'm still open to other experiences...and if anyone knows of amazing deals out there.

sickboy

I like both Dish and Direct, but have no opinion on the other two as I don't have them in the area. My relatives in the Pacific Northwest seem to like comcast. Yeah, ESPN is becoming a giant.

girlina4x4

I've had comcast since 2004 and haven't had any problems. It seems to me you get the best deals when you get a package (phone/net/cable). I have the internet and cable package. Its $150 a month for high-speed internet, 2 cable tvs, and 1 digital cable tv with DVR, HBO, and Encore

noah's nemo

It's all about HD now,and directv has more than anyone.Not to mention NFL ticket,any game you want in HD thats what sold me!

mimzy

we're getting Direct TV tomorrow morning, actually. it's the ONLY, I repeat, ONLY network in this area. No FIOS, no cable, satellite only, and only direct TV. I've never had experience w/them so.... I'll let u know how it works out!

jaymz

i had comcast in bloomington... no probs.. $100 for high speed internet and digital cable dvr.

stdreb27

I really like dish, minus the crappy customer service. But hey it is better than the experiences I've had with comcast and direct. But plusses for me is their DVR, best one I've used, direct is close but cable dvr boxes are lightyears behind dish's. Second I love their channel layout. The over the air channels are the same number. So in houston CBS 11 is still channel 11 on dish. But mainly their DVR compared to other services is EXCELLENT.

indyws6

Bronc - Check into AT&T U-Verse. I know you mentioned AT&T on the "hate" list, but it sounded like most of your issues were with the satellite TV provider, and not AT&T. If you can get it (you must be within range of a VRAD...), it's a good deal and beats Comcast in terms of cost, number of channels and quality of signal delivery.
U-Verse delivers TV over a DSL line so all channels are digital. There is a large number of HD channels and the package comes with 1 HD DVR and up to 2 additional HD receivers at no charge. Because the service runs on an IP network in your house, you can stream the recorded content from the DVR to any other connected TV. Best of all, there is no contract to sign and, when I checked, there was an offer for one free month, or a $100 gift card.
I signed-up but was unable to get it because I am about 2000 feet too far from the VRAD. Unfortunately, I had to go with Comcast's offer. It's not horrible, but it seems like there is always something wrong with every step they take. I ordered the upgrade to my basic cable PLUS package (Digital Package, HD DVR, second HD receiver and phone service). When they came out, they couldn't get the phone service ported and it took two hours for them to get through to their own Tech Support group. Plus, they forgot to bring the second HD receiver. They were supposed to drop it by the next day but never did. After nearly a week of waiting, I called and complained. After waiting on hold for almost 30 minutes to get to a live person, they acknowledged that it was their mistake, but told me that the soonest they could bring one out was another week. So, I have to use my gas and drive to the local office and pick one up. Like I said, they get close but never seem to get it right.
I keep checking - as soon as AT&T builds-out the infrastructure in my area, I'll dump Comcast in a heartbeat.
As a side note. Comcast has instituted policies to throttle Internet bandwidth for people that download subtantial amounts of data. That isn't all bad, but considering they were recently caught illegally "traffic shaping" (e.g. limiting bandwidth), it speaks to their business ethics. Also, since Comcast bought Insight in my area, I have lost several channels and the bill has gone up twice in the last 6 months. What really blows is that they tout the HD channels they added to the service, but they deliver them on frequencies you can't get without the use of their HD receiver (at an additional cost...). "Giving" me something that I have to pay to receive, isn't much of a gift...
Just my two cents...

perfectdark

Verizon Fios... better service and 80$ cheaper a month than my previous cable provider, which was Cox, similar to Comcast.

morval

all we got around me is time warner cable, dish, and verizon fios is getting installed sporatticly in the area. i live off cable just because the dish is a pain in the butt in the winter time, 1/2 inch of snow sticks to it and u loose signal. cable has a decent internet/dvr package and i bought my own modem so i save the $3/month rental fee for that

jdl

Originally Posted by Bronco300
http:///forum/post/2750661
So after getting so disappointed on not seeing my broncos play tonight, and missing discovery channel and all that good stuff...I think we want to get some type of cable(actually we've been wanting it for a while)...what experience have you guys had luck with? I pretty much hate ATT and DISH because of what i've dealt with before(dish tried take 900 from me when they claimed I didnt send back their units...and att lied to me about one of their programs). But i'm still open to other experiences...and if anyone knows of amazing deals out there.

you have only 1 choice, directv with NFL sunday ticket. While most everyone else was forced to watch the eagles last sunday in my area, i happily switched to the patriots game and
as my fantasy pick went out for the year

plus watching NFL game mix is awesome.

bronco300

Originally Posted by indyws6
http:///forum/post/2751008
Bronc - Check into AT&T U-Verse. I know you mentioned AT&T on the "hate" list, but it sounded like most of your issues were with the satellite TV provider, and not AT&T. If you can get it (you must be within range of a VRAD...), it's a good deal and beats Comcast in terms of cost, number of channels and quality of signal delivery.
U-Verse delivers TV over a DSL line so all channels are digital. There is a large number of HD channels and the package comes with 1 HD DVR and up to 2 additional HD receivers at no charge. Because the service runs on an IP network in your house, you can stream the recorded content from the DVR to any other connected TV. Best of all, there is no contract to sign and, when I checked, there was an offer for one free month, or a $100 gift card.
I signed-up but was unable to get it because I am about 2000 feet too far from the VRAD. Unfortunately, I had to go with Comcast's offer. It's not horrible, but it seems like there is always something wrong with every step they take. I ordered the upgrade to my basic cable PLUS package (Digital Package, HD DVR, second HD receiver and phone service). When they came out, they couldn't get the phone service ported and it took two hours for them to get through to their own Tech Support group. Plus, they forgot to bring the second HD receiver. They were supposed to drop it by the next day but never did. After nearly a week of waiting, I called and complained. After waiting on hold for almost 30 minutes to get to a live person, they acknowledged that it was their mistake, but told me that the soonest they could bring one out was another week. So, I have to use my gas and drive to the local office and pick one up. Like I said, they get close but never seem to get it right.
I keep checking - as soon as AT&T builds-out the infrastructure in my area, I'll dump Comcast in a heartbeat.
As a side note. Comcast has instituted policies to throttle Internet bandwidth for people that download subtantial amounts of data. That isn't all bad, but considering they were recently caught illegally "traffic shaping" (e.g. limiting bandwidth), it speaks to their business ethics. Also, since Comcast bought Insight in my area, I have lost several channels and the bill has gone up twice in the last 6 months. What really blows is that they tout the HD channels they added to the service, but they deliver them on frequencies you can't get without the use of their HD receiver (at an additional cost...). "Giving" me something that I have to pay to receive, isn't much of a gift...
Just my two cents...

my issues really are with att, they have screwed up everytime i've tried to change something or add something...moved, they dont change my service over...add tv, lie about what i'll get...i think one phone call i got transferred between about 12 different people, i was so furious..lol...but i have heard good things about this uverse from others...but do i want to trust them again.

renogaw

i use cox, don't really have any choice between them and dish right now--Connecticut breaks up the state between cox and comcast, and whichever city you're in that's what cable company you have. cox has over 40 HD channels right now, so that's decent. i wish they would get A&E and USA onto hd, but it isn't htat big of a deal.

noah's nemo

Originally Posted by morval
http:///forum/post/2751043
all we got around me is time warner cable, dish, and verizon fios is getting installed sporatticly in the area. i live off cable just because the dish is a pain in the butt in the winter time, 1/2 inch of snow sticks to it and u loose signal.
cable has a decent internet/dvr package and i bought my own modem so i save the $3/month rental fee for that
You need a dish cover,the snow slides right off

noah's nemo

Originally Posted by JDL
http:///forum/post/2751068
you have only 1 choice, directv with NFL sunday ticket. While most everyone else was forced to watch the eagles last sunday in my area, i happily switched to the patriots game and
as my fantasy pick went out for the year

plus watching NFL game mix is awesome

+1... its a football fans dream!

bronco300

Originally Posted by Mimzy
http:///forum/post/2750902
we're getting Direct TV tomorrow morning, actually. it's the ONLY, I repeat, ONLY network in this area. No FIOS, no cable, satellite only, and only direct TV. I've never had experience w/them so.... I'll let u know how it works out!
well how was it thus far,lol...are they able to do two tvs with one main system or do you have to have one per tv?

leopard_babe

I have att.
All sports and movie channels and medium speed internet. 150/month. I am a yankees fan and live in michigan. I get almost all the games. lol. I don't want to hear about how bad they are.

bronco300

haha 3rd strike for you..att..in michigan..and a ny fan on top of that!
well hoprfully you have better luck..i think the sales rep i drealt with must have been crazy with all the lies she fed us...oh well..stupid att.