Which Camera brand is better??

condyman

I got inspired by some of your cool diving pictures and would like to get a new UW camera. I am certified for up to 100ft so i dont need anything too crazy. i budgeted around $500 for a complete package. After some research I found several within my budget but with very different specs!
here are my options
- Sea and Sea 750G with 5 MP and case with flash diffuser
- Casio exilim 10 MP with casio case
Both the same price!?!
why are diving cameras so much money????? the camera itself is bulkier than a regular camera and with less MP

condyman

I meant UW cameras that are made by scuba diving companies that specialize in manufacturing diving goods.

njdiver1

I'm currently opening a dive shop so.... in my opinion, Sea & Sea makes a realy great set-up for beginning uw photography. Make sure you get a good strobe or you will be constantly disappointed with your pics...

bronco300

i have my olympus with an underwater case that i think does great..now i have yet to take it on a dive(come june i will)...but i use it in tank and it does great.

njdiver1

Originally Posted by jpc763
http:///forum/post/2517754
How well does a regular camera with an underwater case work?
I originally had a Nikon Coolpix w/ a housing and it was great - simple point and shoot - and in some cases you'll find that you have a greater depth rating on housed cameras - go to IKELITE.com if you want a good housing - they don't sell direct but you can get some good info on housings/strobes etc... ...

condyman

Thanks for the feedback guys!
I ordered the Sea and Sea already but i have a feeling i am going to regret not having the 10 Mega Pixels
i could have gotten for the same bucks$$
I do think that Sea and Sea will be a good setup for me to get started with the extra micro zoom features and special underwater settings that normal cameras dont offer.

njdiver1

Originally Posted by Condyman
http:///forum/post/2517885
Thanks for the feedback guys!
I ordered the Sea and Sea already but i have a feeling i am going to regret not having the 10 Mega Pixels
i could have gotten for the same bucks$$
I do think that Sea and Sea will be a good setup for me to get started with the extra micro zoom features and special underwater settings that normal cameras dont offer.
We'll be waiting for the pics!!!! You will love the sea & sea! Good choice.