Which Caulerpa do Tangs prefer?

mrangel

I am trying to find some Caulerpa for my yellow tang, that needs to eat more.
I noticed that there are a lot of different types. I was wondering if they eat all Caulepa or only one kind?
Please advice,
Marguerite:)

ocellaris_keeper

Your tang needs to eat more? Your kidding right? I can't get my other fish any food until the tangs have finished eating :)
Mine are chubby little blokes that constantly forage for food.
To answer your question - they like all of it actually.
I use Formula one Flake food twice a day with a third meal of prepared frozen Green algae/brine shrimp.
My tangs never miss a meal (they eat anything with algae in it but all my fish prefer the Formula One Flake food over everything else I feed them including prepared frozen treats.)

mrangel

Thanks for your reply. My little Tang is really skinny. I am trying to give him as much as possible.
I do give my fishes formula one and two, but it's the frozen kind. They do eat it.
Can I ask you what time do you feed them?
marguerite

ocellaris_keeper

my wife feeds them Formula one flake around 10:00 am, i give them frozen around 5:30 PM and I then give them a quick snack at 8:45PM right before they go to bed.

ironreef

Mine eats everything =any kind of caulerpa. IME the fatter they are the less picky. I would just feed more of what it eats. Not more at one time but more times a day.