9 Astraea Snails
16 Nerite Snails
16 Margarita Snails
3 Turbo Snails
20 Onyx Nassarius Snails
16 Red Leg Reef Hermit Crabs
16 Zebra Hermit Crabs
2 Emerald Crabs
I have a 55 gallon tank that's been setup since October. 50-60LBS of LR. 60LBS of LS. 5 Mexican Turbo, 4 Nass. Snails, 1 emerald crab, 1 anemone crab, 2 blue legged hermits, 1 scarlet hermit.

Well...I already have 2 blue legged hermits, and 1 scarlet hermit and don't want to get rid of them, so I'm going to have to have a "mixed" clean up crew.
I've decided on #2, and haven't had any problems with my hermits killing snails. There are always shells for them to change into.
Thanks for the help anyway!

jawdubb

I have to say I love my watching my crabs. They are part of what can keep me in front of my tank for hours on end. They fight each other and do a great job keeping my tank clean. I personally don't think I could have a tank without at least an emerald crab to keep me entertained. I enjoy all of the hermits I have as well as they are always up to something. The only thing I dislike is when they travel across my zoas and make them close, but it has always been just temporary.

Originally Posted by jawdubb
http:///forum/post/2576174
I have to say I love my watching my crabs. They are part of what can keep me in front of my tank for hours on end. They fight each other and do a great job keeping my tank clean. I personally don't think I could have a tank without at least an emerald crab to keep me entertained. I enjoy all of the hermits I have as well as they are always up to something. The only thing I dislike is when they travel across my zoas and make them close, but it has always been just temporary.

Yeah, I love my little hermits. I know a lot of people are against them, but my scarlet hermit did a much better job cleaning my bubble algae than my emerald did. I see my emerald crab once a day and thats when he eats. It's my snails that bulldoze over my zoas and make them close up.

Originally Posted by Scopus Tang
http:///forum/post/2576614
Good to see you guys! When you going to update your reef diary thread so we can see some current pictures?
Thursday! We're recieving our clean up crew as well as our first fish! A green clown goby!!!!

reefkprz

scratch the onyx nassarius snails they arent true nassarius they are actually illynassa obsoleta and they arent as well suited to reef systems as the water gets too warm increasing metabolism causing them to live truncated lives (aka you'll be replacing them alot and wondering why your snails are dying)
stick with the true nassarius vibex or nassarius distortus

nycbob

these r the ones i hv:
conch - sandsifting
hermits - eat leftover and algae
turbo snails - great algae eaters
emeralds - bubble algae
cleaner shrimps - cleans my fish (my anthias go to him daily)
i'd avoid the blue-legged one bc they r more aggressive. i like the red scarlet hermits the best. they actually eat hair algae.

scopus tang

Originally Posted by amyandbrandon2
http:///forum/post/2576855
Thursday! We're recieving our clean up crew as well as our first fish! A green clown goby!!!!
GONE! Its gone I tell you! Thursday has come and gone and no pictures
. Nope, not one, not even a simple itty bitty teenie tiny picture of a green clown goby! Where, or where have amy and brandon gone
?