which corals are easy??

reef_dart21

Ok little bit bout my tank
nitrate >5
nitrite and ammonia 0
ph 8.2-8.4 (changes at night and day)
salinity 1.025
calcium 500
strongtium is good (forget exact number)
my lighting is t-5 190 watts with lunar lights. My tank is only 1 1/2 high (not including sand)
and here is the coral i wanna keep........ WOULD YOU PLEASE TELL WETHER IT WOULD BE ALRIGHT OR IF IT WOULD BE A BIG MISTAKE
corals/anemonee i would like to purchase:
zoas (dunno how many but im getting for free because its over populating their tank)
sun coral (prefebly orange)
ricordias-10
Acropora frag-2
Toadstool Mushroom(i think thats its name it a huge blue mushrooms with anemonee like tentacles on top)
fox-1
hammerhead-2
Monti cap-? (i nko nothing of this coral an dhoping you add input)
Leather Devil Hand-1
Brain coral-2
Clam mantle-1 (NOW WILL THIS ME OK OR IS MY LIGHTING TO WEAK?)
Yuma-2
Pagoda Cup-1
Mystery coral -(from saltwater)
and that is all i am ordering from saltwater/lfs that i KNOW OF but at my lfs if i see something i like i get it after the owner tells me if its alright.
Thank you for all the help to all and thankyou for taking your time to read this.

sac10918

What size tank is it?
Sorry, I dont know too much about most of the corals you listed, but I am pretty sure you should have no problems with zoos, mushrooms (ricordias you mentioned) and the hammer. I think T5 lights are pretty good lights, and I think you can even keep a clam, but they should be added to tanks that have been up and running for a while and you might want to check with the experts on which type to get based on your lighting.
The only other thing I have read is that the suncorals can be tricky/difficult to keep.
Sorry that I cant be more helpful, but at least I can give you a bump!

reef_dart21

thank theirs 3 corals down now the rest to go!!!
tank been running fro 2 years now
so wel established everythign
bump

okay out of ur list, the corals that wont work due to ur lighting, are as follows
monti cap
clam
acropora frag
almost any anemone except tube anemonesa
and brain coral.
everythign else is fine

ecooper

Zoos are so nice. They come in so many shapes, sizes, and colors. And, you may want to look at green star polyps. I love mine - easy to keep, nice movement, and they spread more quickly than anything else I have (just allow them room).
I have MHs, but I think T5s are good enough for a Colt Coral too. I really like the movement and size and look of my Colt.

wangotango

How many of what wattage bulbs do you have? I'm wondering how you have 190w total.
216w minimum of HO-T5 with good bulbs and individual reflectors would allow you to keep just about everything.
-Justin

reef_dart21

Originally Posted by WangoTango
http:///forum/post/2474119
How many of what wattage bulbs do you have? I'm wondering how you have 190w total.
216w minimum of HO-T5 with good bulbs and individual reflectors would allow you to keep just about everything.
-Justin

i have relectors with a total of four bulb about 47 wats each
again i have a Brain coral right now and its open up and fine also my tank is more shallow than others
thanks for the help *i didnt think i could keep a clam but it would be cool*

reef_dart21

Originally Posted by fishymaster776
http:///forum/post/2473924
okay out of ur list, the corals that wont work due to ur lighting, are as follows
monti cap
clam
acropora frag
almost any anemone except tube anemonesa
and brain coral.
everythign else is fine
i nko an anemonee will do fine because i have a long tentacle anemone also i just wnated to nko of an easier one because my clown wont hsot it and its a pig.......

crabsrkewl

Originally Posted by ecooper
http:///forum/post/2474047
Zoos are so nice. They come in so many shapes, sizes, and colors. And, you may want to look at green star polyps. I love mine - easy to keep, nice movement, and they spread more quickly than anything else I have (just allow them room).
I have MHs, but I think T5s are good enough for a Colt Coral too. I really like the movement and size and look of my Colt.
I second green star polyps they are inexpensive, spread quickly and easy to keep.

reef_dart21

Originally Posted by b bauer
http:///forum/post/2474241
what t5 lamps are 47w each?what brand of light and make is your fixture?
its really each light fixture has 2 compact flourescent light equaling 95 watts and their is two of them in their
its a coral life series

b bauer

pc and t5 are different style lamps pc will not let you have sps or high light corals.anemones will not live long or clams