which corals are easy??

b bauer

if your lights have only 2 lamps each then they cant be the same fixture you showed.If you have a coralife aqualight dual linear strip they are made for fish only.the lights you have in the pic are t5.What size lights how many,and are they all 10k or a mix does it have individual reflectors

reef_dart21

yes individiual reflectors and yes it looks like those in the picture.................................why are you fighting me about my lights....right now i have these corals that are doing fine!
bubble coral
glass goblet brain
sponges
LT anemonee
shrooms
zoas
hammer head
and they are just fine i jsut wanna nko some other EASY coral not you fight me about my light which i already know is strong enough.

b bauer

Originally Posted by Reef_Dart21
http:///forum/post/2473195
Ok little bit bout my tank
nitrate >5
nitrite and ammonia 0
ph 8.2-8.4 (changes at night and day)
salinity 1.025
calcium 500
strongtium is good (forget exact number)
my lighting is t-5 190 watts with lunar lights. My tank is only 1 1/2 high (not including sand)
and here is the coral i wanna keep........ WOULD YOU PLEASE TELL WETHER IT WOULD BE ALRIGHT OR IF IT WOULD BE A BIG MISTAKE
corals/anemonee i would like to purchase:
zoas (dunno how many but im getting for free because its over populating their tank)
sun coral (prefebly orange)
ricordias-10
Acropora frag-2
Toadstool Mushroom(i think thats its name it a huge blue mushrooms with anemonee like tentacles on top)
fox-1
hammerhead-2
Monti cap-? (i nko nothing of this coral an dhoping you add input)
Leather Devil Hand-1
Brain coral-2
Clam mantle-1 (NOW WILL THIS ME OK OR IS MY LIGHTING TO WEAK?)
Yuma-2
Pagoda Cup-1
Mystery coral -(from saltwater)
and that is all i am ordering from saltwater/lfs that i KNOW OF but at my lfs if i see something i like i get it after the owner tells me if its alright.
Thank you for all the help to all and thankyou for taking your time to read this.

http:///forum/post/2474210
i have relectors with a total of four bulb about 47 wats each
again i have a Brain coral right now and its open up and fine also my tank is more shallow than others
thanks for the help *i didnt think i could keep a clam but it would be cool*

http:///forum/post/2474411
its really each light fixture has 2 compact flourescent light equaling 95 watts and their is two of them in their
its a coral life series
I am not fighting you on your lights you asked a ? on coral and if you can get them.I asked what type of lights you have and you where all over with pc ,t5 and wattage I was only trying to help and if you know your lights are strong enough why ask

coachklm

o.k. here you go... coralife does not include individual reflectors and only offer (at a 48" fixture) 2x28w bulbs.... This will severly limit your options
most sps are unavailable (montiporas) and (acroporas)
clams are highly not suggested either
otherwise go for it / great lighting for softies and many LPS

J

jamiegrl

im with the others on the green star polyp... looks awesome and really hardy