which eel to pick?

thesamm

im confused on what eel i wanna get i dont want a huge one, im thinkin either a chestnut, snowflake, or wolf but im still undecided so i was wondering what other eels are there to chose from, that dont get too huge?

thesamm

aight well i gotta 90 gal that it will be goin in and the fish i want in it are...(dont worrie i will be upgrading possibly changing 280 to agressive???)
a lion, and some type of tang ....so what are some eels that dont get to big and that i can find easily and wont be too expencive?

H

hewetton

Snowflake eel without a doubt! But you want something more vicious-looking, then Fimbriatus eel might be a good choice. It's got an attractive yellow coloration arounf its jaw. It's pretty mild-tempered, compared to other members of the genus. Chestnut is also a good choice, but I haven't seen one for sale for a long time. But, you see one available, go for it!! I believe wolf eel is not a true eel, but more closely related to the pseudochromis family. but still look like an eel...

gasguzzler

I have heard of fimbriated eels going after Queen Triggers! They get aggressive as they age. If you want something cool looking that doesnt get too big with a mild temperment, check our own SWF.com for the Banana Eel!!!

thesamm

well fimbriated is out of the question i think because they are really mean from what i have read and from what people that have had them told me, i think the best bet is a snowflake or a chestnut...my brothers friend jim that owns a LFS around here can get me chestnuts any size i want...so i will probally be goin for that ill let ya kno in about 2-3 weeks thanks:yes:

blaze86

ive had snowflakes go after triggers to. all eels have different personalities. most get more aggressive with age/size. but the snowflake is the most docile that iv delt with