Which option for a tank upgrade?

jb rekit

Currently I have a 75 gal w/ 60-70#s of LR and a 20 gal fuge.
I plan to set up my 180 this weekend and would like to know what the best way to go about getting it going.
Options:
1. Put all of the LR coral sand water, etc from my 75 into the 180 and add 100 gallons of water. The 20 gal fuge would be moved to here as well.
- My question here is would I lose my cycle by adding so much water at one time?
2. Just buy more LR and cycle the tank w/ that since it is going to need more rock anyway and then add what I have from the 75 slowly while monitoring the tank parameters.
- I know this will definatly work, but would like to know of any other options with a high probablilty of success.
3. Combination of 1 and 3. Add more LR and put what I have in the 180. This doesn't seem that logical to me since it appears that that would be more likely to induce a mini-cycle.
If the first option seems reasonable I would rather do it b/c I want the 180 to be placed where the 75 currently sits and I am going to have to pretty much tear it down either way. I am very aware that patience is a virtue (espescially in this hobby) and want to do it the right way (not necessarily the hardest though).
Thanks
John

ross

I don't think your going to be able to avoid at least a mini-cycle. If it was me i would take everything from the 75 put it in the 180, and add water, lr, ls. Are you using the 75 as a sump or fuge? If not, i would. HTH

jb rekit

Yes, that is the plan.
I'll probably post again when I have it emptied, dry and ready to turn it into a fuge. I really like the idea of using my macro and xenia, but since xenia grows slower, I am debating putting in an additional divider to keep them separated.

jb rekit

or possibly use several chambers and have several types of macro and one for xenia (right now I am using grape and razor cauerpa). Really haven't decided exacly what I want to do with the fuge. Thats what I will decide next after I have the tank transplant figured out.
If my corals will survive a small cycle, that would be the easiest thing to do.
My corals are:
Xenia
Frogspawn
2 types of green star poyps
zoos
toadstool
purple finger leather
red shrooms
blue shrooms
probably some more softies, just can't think of them right now (been a long day).