Which Phone???????????????????????????

whyamisofl

I have narrowed it down to these two.....
If you didn't see my other thread -
I would like something with either a full QWERTY keyboard or at least a squished version of it like my blackberry has.
I will be using this phone for calls, texting (3-4k/mo), email, directions (not at&t GPS), and some surfing.
I plan on getting a new phone this weekend unless they are about to reveal a new phone that is off the chain.
Current phone - Blackberry 7130c. I love the speakerphone and quality of calls on this, but it keeps turning off on me for no reason, but have heard this numerous times from BB users.

yearofthenick

I used to have a bb 8703e and I loved it. But about 3 months ago I switched over and got the iPhone 3G. I love it more than any other phone, mainly because of it's functionality. ATT has really improved their service too. I was an ATT customer like 4 years ago and hated it.... but ever since they came out with the iPhone 3G, it's much faster, and what really shows to me how good the service has become is because I don't care if I'm connected to wifi or 3G... they are pretty comparable in speed.
I'm assuming you're talking about the blackberry storm? I too was going to wait for the storm to come out, but what really did it for me was that apple really knows what they're doing. Apple has really perfected their touch screen devices... this is RIM's very first touchscreen device. I'd rather wait another year and a half and switch over to BB. When you think about it, the only advantage that BB's have are PIN's... but even that doesn't matter anymore because you can have unlimited text messages on most of the plans out there.
Not to mention that the iPhone speaker is LOUD... much louder than the original.
I would go onto apple's sites and read more about them. The iPhone has the highest business satisfaction rating of any phone, and is ranked #2 on the most phones sold, #1 being Nokia. That's pretty freakin good.

jaymz

have you checked out that phone apple put out. seems like alot of people like those. AT&T has them!

jtt

Ive been a blackberry user for 2+ years, and i love it. i couldnt imagine life without my blackberry. dude. get a new blackberry! if you want a full qwerty than you can get a number of different models. i love my 8830 but i might get their new flip style bb or the touch screen storm.
blackberry has changed my life. you had an older model too, you should upgrade to a new bb and it will change your life too.

spiderwoman

I have Samsung SCH-i760 and I hate it! I bought it a year ago as it came to the market and paid the full retail for it. My 2 yr contract was not up for renewal yet and I had to have this phone. It's QWERTY and touch screen, fancy little phone. The phone freezes in a middle of a call, I have to release the battery and reboot the phone in order to use it again. The buttons are really tiny and you can't even imagine sending a txt when you are driving (not that I would do that anyways... <blush>)
I'm wanting to get a basic flip phone again. I don't need the Windows applications, I never use it for sending email as I'm near a laptop at all times anyways. It was a waste of money at ~$500.
DH has a similar PDA phone by LG and his is doing the same crap as mine... turns itself off or freezes in the middle of use.

jtt

Originally Posted by SpiderWoman
http:///forum/post/2836955
you can't even imagine sending a txt when you are driving (not that I would do that anyways... <blush>)
right here when i read this, i scrolled the page down and my mouse was over the V in the word "driving" so at first glance, with the mouse covering the middle of the word, it looked like you said...
Originally Posted by SpiderWoman

http:///forum/post/2836955
you can't even imagine sending a txt when you are drinking (not that I would do that anyways... <blush>)
i laughed for a moment because I find it hard to send a txt when Ive been drinking too, then i moved my mouse and saw it said driving, and i felt really stupid. just thought i would share that with you.