Which Protein Skimmer to buy

Ok, here is my setup:
29 gallon. Currently FOWLR. Maybe reef in the future. 135W PC lights, hand on Millennium 2000 filter.
2 Ocellaris (paired), 1 pygmy angel, and 1 gold head sleeper goby. A few snails and crabs.
I need a protein skimmer. Which one to buy?
I've seen the cheaper models such as the Red Sea Prizms but read bad reviews. The Aqua C Remora is higly regarded. I'm leaning towards this one mainly because of the reviews and is a simple hang on.
The price is higher than most. Is the Remore worth it?

S

swalchemist

Coralife model 65 Super Skimmer needle wheel will provide you with all the skimming you need on that tank.

al mc

IMO you will be happiest with the Aqua C Remora. I have used both the CSS and Remora. I prefer the Remora.

walkerbrody

I have had a remora and a remora pro. I read the ratings on wet web media and thought it was a decent skimmer. I have sence bought an octopus skimmer which out skims it 10 to 1. The remora is much better than the prisim but not a good skimmer.

Thanks. Looks like Remora for me. So is it easy as they say. Takes 1 minute to setup?
I've never had a skimmer before.
The only thing is looks like no one is selling it for a discount. Everyone online is within a few dollars of each other.

Another question is how loud is it?
My tank is pretty quiet now when the lights are off. With the lights on there is a hum from the fan.
Whats kinds of sounds does it make? Humming? Running water sound?

theappe3

I say the remora is as quiet as they come. No noise what so ever. The water lever on the tank should meet where the water comes out from so there is no splashing.... the powerhead doesnt make any noise and it doesnt gurgle like venturi skimmers.
Coralife is good too, but they are really bulky. If you are tight for space go with the Remora and you wont regret it. Also you can have a 5 year old set it. You cant get easier than that.