Which Protein Skimmer???

trueheart

What is the best protein skimmer out there? I’m looking for a skimmer that is extremely quiet. I have a prizm that is way to noisy.:)

krux

if it is an in sump skimmer, there will be a ton that are quieter than the drain line is. since you have a prizm im guessing no sump, so that remora might be your best bet if that is the case...

trueheart

It’s for a 75gallon tank now but I would like something that I could use on a larger tank if I ever upgrade. Also I do have a sump so I would prefer to use it in the sump. The only reason I have the prizm is because I had a smaller tank with no sump and the cost of it at the time.

jumpfrog

I love my Kent Nautilus TE. Quiet, very strong and is rated to 300 gal. I use it in a heavily stocked 125 and it rocks.

marinerock

Hey True....
I echo JUMPS words...GREAT SKIMMER w/a Mag-Drive #7
Highly Recommend...
Regards....
Marinerock

marinerock

Hey Cboy....
If you do a search for my name, you will find some
information on setting up the Nautilus and doing some
fine tuning adjustments.....
it is a great skimmer...you will love it....
Good luck with it....
Regards...
Marinerock

cboyfan2020

thanks.....you know---i have my email in my sig but I liked the little treasure map I had to follow....thanks:D

marinerock

Hey Cboy....
When I saw you on this DIY board last nite, I posted the other
message here, when I hit enter, you left this board and went
to Reef tanks, so I posted that one in Reef....
anyway, hope it helps....Nice treasure hunt, maybe
next time it will contain the winning lotto numbers....LOL
Regards...
Marinerock

reefnut

Looky what I got in the mail... Had some trouble at first but I followed the treasure map and found some good info all so. Working great!!!!

marinerock

Hey Reef....
Good luck with it...you gonna love it....
If you need any help, just let us know....
Regards....
Marinerock

cboyfan2020

Hey....I won $4 in the lotto the other day but if you got the winning ticket for the powerball jackpot hand it over:D I will loook up that thread when I start tuning the exhaust. The directions are in jibberish.