Which Protien Skimmer?

paul monroy

Just wondering which skimmer to get for a 29gal tank? I have a skilter that has a skimmer in it, but it is pretty crapy. I was thinking of getting a berlin skimmer, but I dont know which one? Also, will I have to get a sepreate pump for the skimmer or is the berlin skimmer strong enough? How much does the berlin skimmer for a 29 gal cost?
-Thank you- ;) ;)

b_ball12_99

With a 29 you could do a Berlin or something smaller. Prism should work good on a 29. I am a fan of Berlin myself from the results of mine, I use a tubo hang on. The cost from $100-$230 for Berlin. Prism is about $60.

I have a berlin airlift 90 that works wonderful for my 40 gallon tank. It works as well as more expensive models. I think mine was $30 online and you'll need an airpump. I empty about 1/3 of a cup of dark nasty protein every day. Hope this helps :)

I bought a penn plax silent air X5 online. I think they discontinued making them so you might not be able to find them at your LFS. I have the same pump at home that my father and I used for a long time with no trouble that's why i went with this one.

guppie

I am running a Prism on my 29 reef and it works great, I do run a slilter on my 25 fo I did the retro on it and works like a champ, skimms great. Good Luck