which pump!!!!

accurate

i just purchased a Supreme #12 for those of you who may be familiar with it. I was originally going with an external pump (little giant #4) the two things i heard was loud and u had to plumb out of your wet/dry ( which wasnt all that big of deal) Someone else also told me that a submersible gives off too much heat and electricity. I have not used the supreme yet so let meknow what cha think.
I have a 100 gal reef and want some good flow. right now i have a rio 1700 out of the sump and a cap1200 pumping my uv and some powerheads throughout the tank. I want to change because i dont want to build my reef and a powerhead fail and have to tear my reef down to get to it.

mr . salty

Not exactly sure I understand the question here,but heres a couple of things I do see here.#1,The external pumps ARE the better way to go.They are not as easy to install,but are generally more powerfull,and are more reliable in the long run...#2, even though you have a powerfull return,and good turnover rate,you will still need to have a couple powerheads IN the tank to provide proper "in tank" circulation.The trick here is to get good reliable powerheads,and place them where they would be easy to service.I would stay away from the RIO's,and look at Haggen,or one of the other more expensive/better brands...