Which salt?

jaymz

I dislike instant ocean, and have not used the others. But around here the general consensus is tropic marin pro is top dog but pricey.
I have used a few different and tried oceanic and have not used anything else since. Disolves fast and clear. and lots of calcium. No one sells Tropic marin around here so i have not had a chance to use it, i would try it if i could find some.
Reef crystals is made by IO so im not messing with it.

R

rcreations

I've always used Reef Crystals for my reef tank and have had no reason to change. All my corals are doing great. For my FOWLR I use Instant Ocean.

reefkprz

I use reef crystals. cant complain.
I would use tropic marine pro if it wasnt $75 a tub (250gal mix)local.

subielover

Well the reason I ask is because I only have a 14 gallon nano. So I can buy the smaller bag or box and not break the bank and it will last a few months. I am leaning towards the tropic marin though. Anyone have experience with this salt??

acrylic51

I've used all mentioned salts above....Seachem didn't like how it mixed....Actually I used it for about 6 months and the salt was either a bad or old batch, but wasn't happy at all....IO I used way back in the 80's but didn't think it was bad....ReefCrystals my current salt which I always go back to.....I've tried Coralife and was totally displeased with readings after good mixing.......Tropic Marin Pro was good, but for the price not really impressed with it that much. I still revert back to --.

t316

Reef Crystals, and satisfied. Still have some IO and mix it in occassionally, but -- mixes up better.

crypt keeper

Originally Posted by Guyerson
http:///forum/post/2736915
+1 for Oceanic - I've been using it for 8 months and have been pleased with the results.
I do as well. Love it. made the switch from Instant Ocean. Couldnt be happier. Mixes easier. Not as cloudy from the start. Crystal clear afterwards