Which Skimmer to get

mojo46825

Ok, I am looking at getting a protien skimmer for my 24g jbj nano. I am looking at the Saphire or the Tunze skimmer. Anyone have any suggestions on either of these. I tried the fission and it was junk. Get what ya paid for i guess. Well any help or suggestions would be great. Anyone have either one of these? Thanks Mojo. :happyfish

aztec reef

i don't have either of them , but i would definetly go with the tunze all the way
also if your tank is new you don't need to be in a hurry to get one.
try weekly waterchanges and watching your feedings for a while and check parameters, also you can occasionaly run carbon if you have a place to put it in.

mojo46825

yea i wasnt in a huge hurry, but I had bought a fission and was way dissapointed with it. It worked i guess. just a really small cup and fill quickly.Very flimsy as well. Thank you for the response.

fishguy77

I'm running an AquaC Remora on my 20 gallon long reef tank. It works really well, pulls out a bunch of stuff and definitely has saved my tank before when disasters hit. I heard that they just came out with an AquaC Remora nano too - rated up to 30 gallons or so but that's all I know about it. Can't speak for the Remora nano, but the one I'm running definitely would be awesome for your tank.