which superglue??

scott79

im looking into gluing my rics to a piece of my rock. it is already attached to a small piece of rubble, can i just use any type of superglue or is there a special kind that wont mess up the water??? please heeelp!

reefkprz

I wouldnt use it because it doesnt list the chemicals in it. I even went to their web site but couldnt view the MSDS, windows vista has compatability issues with adobe 7. I hate vista
you want a cyanoacrylate glue

spanko

Warnings
* Eye irritant
* Contains cyanoacrylate ester

* Bonds skin and eyes in seconds
* In case of eye contact, flush with water for 15 minutes
* Get medical attention for eye or internal contact
* In case of skin contact remove by soaking in warm, soapy water and gently rubbing off residue
* Use with adequate ventilation
* Avoid contact with clothing as can cause heat which may lead to burn injury
* Do not use acetone or nail polish remover in cases of eye contact
* Keep away from children
Probably okay but IMO hard to work with the regular runny type glues, I like the gels better.

reefkprz

I prefer the gel types too for most applications. thanks for posting that spanko. I hate vista.
you should be fine to use it.

scott79

alright. thanks for all yalls help. i think ill just go out and buy some of the gel kind just to be on the safe side.

hellow

Originally Posted by reefkprZ
http:///forum/post/2749174
I hate vista.
I can tell by the fact that you have the Linux mascot with a anti-windows gun in its hand that you do. I personally use Linux, not all to simple, but you dont get the constant barrage of errors like you do with Windows.

reefkprz

Originally Posted by Hellow
http:///forum/post/2749605
I can tell by the fact that you have the Linux mascot with a anti-windows gun in its hand that you do. I personally use Linux, not all to simple, but you dont get the constant barrage of errors like you do with Windows.
*S* I actually had no Idea it was the lennox penquin when I picked this for my avatar, I picked it because it said born to frag, and I frag a lot of coral. plus who can resist a penguin with a large gun?

flricordia

THe best by far that I have used and always gone back to using because it takes very little to get the job done, sets up really fast underwater and holds heavy frags (I use it to glue the edges of square and round frag mounts to the LR) is the Loctite superglue gel found in Lowes.
I have used about every kind available from Duro, IC, GE and all found in the dollar stores and inbetween and always go back to this one.

scuba diva

Originally Posted by Flricordia
http:///forum/post/2755979
THe best by far that I have used and always gone back to using because it takes very little to get the job done, sets up really fast underwater and holds heavy frags (I use it to glue the edges of square and round frag mounts to the LR) is the Loctite superglue gel found in Lowes.
I have used about every kind available from Duro, IC, GE and all found in the dollar stores and inbetween and always go back to this one.
I just got some at Wal Greens. $3.49 I have a few of Flricordia frags and they are tight!
Thanks!

plumber

Hi, All so it sounds like to me that just about any super glue will work? I have about twenty shrooms on the bottom of my tank looking for a new home

emilaya101

Originally Posted by Plumber
http:///forum/post/2790580
Hi, All so it sounds like to me that just about any super glue will work? I have about twenty shrooms on the bottom of my tank looking for a new home

yes, but you can't just glue a mushroom straght to a rock.... tou have to put them in a saeled container in the tank with holes so that it still gets light and flow, with lr rubble until they attach to a piece and then you can glue them wherever you want them, If you try to straigh tglue them to a rock, they will move or blow away, I've tried it, it's pretty frustrating